Shoeless Working the Bottom

With a nice forecast for this weekend, I was able to take a coworker and his wife out on Shoeless for their first fishing trip on the East coast of FL. We headed straight to the Tile grounds as they are still open, but came up short after missing one huge hit. No worries, we moved in shallow and started working the bottom in 160 ft. We had very little drift and with the wind we actually would drift eastward at about .5 mph. We worked one spot till the sharks moved in cleaning up with a Lane Snapper and plenty of huge Porgies (Jolt Head and a few Red). Shifted to another spot about a mile south in 140 ft at a Trigger spot and it did not disappoint. We caught a couple keepers and some Black Sea Bass mixed in. All in all a great day on the water.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 991 Officer
    Very nice but Video is blocked
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,107 Captain
    Osprey45 wrote: »
    Very nice but Video is blocked

Yea, its blocked on my phone, but was able to run on my computer. Let me find some different tunes and see if I can publish it. **** copyright laws LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,577 Captain
    Good report, Thank.
  • Dream RealityDream Reality Posts: 893 Officer
    Nice video. And thank your for sharing!!!
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,987 Captain
    Nicely done Sean!
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,431 Captain
    Nicely done Sean!

X-2 !

As always - great video Sean. Wish I could have seen the results of the "huge hit" from the Golden Tile.
    I had a monster hookup on one a while back only to put too much heat on the drag, and lost it. At the time, I had a Krystal DD reel like the one you have. I discovered you really have to be cautious using these big reels when deep dropping, (I have an LP now) They will pull a truck up off the bottom. :grin
    Can't wait to get back over to West End. There some Queen snapper over there that have my name on them. :wink

Pura Vida!
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,040 Captain
    SEAN as always great to see and hear from you, I really need to get back out.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
    X-2 !
    As always - great video Sean. Wish I could have seen the results of the "huge hit" from the Golden Tile.
    I had a monster hookup on one a while back only to put too much heat on the drag, and lost it. At the time, I had a Krystal DD reel like the one you have. I discovered you really have to be cautious using these big reels when deep dropping, (I have an LP now) They will pull a truck up off the bottom. :grin
    Can't wait to get back over to West End. There some Queen snapper over there that have my name on them. :wink

Yea these reels definilty have a ton of power. I try to keep the drag set a little loose, but I’m finding when I go to freespool and then re-Apply drag, it loosened up. It is time for me to drop it off for a service, hopefully that will fix it.

I can’t wait to get the new boat over there to do some damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LET'S GO wrote: »
    SEAN as always great to see and hear from you, I really need to get back out.

Hey Bo-Man,

Hope all is well with you buddy!!! Yea this little weather window was nice to get out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,383 Captain
    You always produce dinner for your crew. Well done as usual Sean!
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,116 AG
    Nice job Mon! :grin
    You always produce dinner for your crew. Well done as usual Sean!

Absolutely!!!! Thanks Dave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gary M wrote: »
    Nice job Mon! :grin

Hey Gary,

I hope all is well and life is getting back to normal down south. Counting down the months to this summers trip :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frosty1Frosty1 Posts: 111 Deckhand
    Nice Video, looks like a good time. Thanks for the report