Arrests made in shark dragging case

1235»

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,225 Admiral
    Someone must have told them to stop posting on Instagram in january.  Lol

Captain Todd Approves

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,874 AG
    It could be a very slippery slope here.....

I might not want to post a video of bowfishing....or spearfishing....or Harpooning a big Tuna.... The fish huggers might not like it. 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 3,922 Captain
    I don't see it as much of a slippery slope.  The shark video was, imho, pretty obvious that morons were torturing a shark for no reason.  Additionally, they have a long history of doing such things, and were brilliant enough to record evidence along the way.  It isn't hard to see the difference between killing an animal for food versus torturing for fun.  
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,292 Admiral
    What he said
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,874 AG
    edited March 3 #126
    kellercl said:
    I don't see it as much of a slippery slope.  The shark video was, imho, pretty obvious that morons were torturing a shark for no reason.  Additionally, they have a long history of doing such things, and were brilliant enough to record evidence along the way.  It isn't hard to see the difference between killing an animal for food versus torturing for fun.  
    Agree....

*BUT*  If you don't think that there are many who would view *any* spearing of a fish...regardless of whether it is for food or not as "torturing" a fish...You are mistaken......

There are those out there that think a hook puncture is wrong....and the "poor fish" fighting for it's life...is mentally cruel....

I'm not saying that the ruling was wrong...I'm saying.....Be careful how loud you cheer.   
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 3,922 Captain
    I'm aware of crazy people who think killing animals is wrong.  They are nutzo as far as I'm concerned.