Any info on Diawa LT reels?

WC53WC53 Posts: 69 Greenhorn
Looking for a new 2500/3000 lightweight spinner for 10lb braid. Always liked the smoothness of the Diawas, just not the weight.

Looking online at the new LT reels, they have really cut the weight down. Are they too new for reviews yet and a Shimano 2500/3000 equals what size in Diawa?

Thanks!
"Reality, the bane of ICC everywhere."

Replies

• Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,301 Moderator
    Too new for reviews. Unless Alan Hawk has done one. They were only introduced at ICAST in July and didn't hit retailers until October
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    If they're Mag-Sealed Alan Hawk is generally not a fan b/c they're hard to service...
    That said I have fished Gen. 1 Ballistics & they're great...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • WC53WC53 Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    The ballistic is the only one that looks magsealed. Tatula, Fuego, Exceller all are not
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,221 Officer
    I've been using a couple of Okumas, RTX and Helios for super light spinning reels. The 30 size weighs less than 7 oz and carries over 200 yds of 6 lb line. I've been using them for a couple of years several times a week and they have held up fine.
  • Reel TeaseReel Tease Posts: 657 Officer
    [video=youtube_share;9JeDG1H0pXo]

Here’s a review on the Diawa Ballistic reels which are very lightweight and part of the LT series.
  • WC53WC53 Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    The slower retrieval of the Helios always drove me nuts ...