Does anyone hunt hogs on Torry Island on Lake O

dredonndredonn Posts: 39 Greenhorn
I'm looking for a few places down here in the South to hunt pigs year round, someone said Torry Island is public land and I can go at least half a mile away from the camps and I'll be ok to hunt some hogs. Anyone have experience hunting this area.

Replies

• gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,520 Captain
    need an airboat your better off going to the west end where fisheating creek enters the lake.

Not sure if it is still open so check the regs.
    "sometimes it's OK just to kill a little time" my grandpa 1972
  • dredonndredonn Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    gator4ever wrote: »
    need an airboat your better off going to the west end where fisheating creek enters the lake.

Not sure if it is still open so check the regs.

Well you can drive onto the island and walk into the area, is this not worth it, is it too thick to get deep into the island?
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 1,680 Captain
    Unless you have a pretty strong airboat, I personally think you're wasting effort around Torry and Kreamers. Those places are overgrown jungles now. Used to have excellent duck hunting around that entire area about 40 years ago before it became a wasteland. It also used to be slap full of snakes.

I've run some hogs in there years ago near the tree house, but I don't bother with them anymore. I have seen a few since on rare occasion when I'm frogging, but the frogs taste way better, so the pigs get a pass these days.
    Ok thanks for the advise gentlemen, I'll just leave those islands alone, do you guys have any places you can recommend to hunt other than the WMAs?
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 1,369 Officer
    dredonn you have picked a very bad year to try and find some dry places to hunt hogs.
    Yea I'm realizing that now, just trudging through the swamp in 3ft of water, did finally see one small pig, but couldn't get a clear shot before she ran off.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,794 Admiral
    sent U a PM did u get it dredonn
    sent U a PM did u get it dredonn

Yes I responed.