hooknsnookhooknsnook Posts: 63 Greenhorn
PB on the butter stick
e852f7cba2fee7952b34287638231194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• JustKeepSwimmingJustKeepSwimming Posts: 256 Deckhand
    Chunky looking trout
  • hooknsnookhooknsnook Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    Thanks they are a fun fish on the glass rods been getting them on pink or green 1/0 shrimp flies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,636 Captain
    We got one trout on fly yesterday and a handful of small snook - north of the Shark River along the gulf coast of the 'Glades... At the time we were tossing flies at a bunch of tarpon from 15 to around 60lbs that were just tearing up the white bait... Nope, not one tarpon bite in more than two hours with fish breaking all around us... I went home talking to myself (and my anglers, from Chile - were asking - is it always like this?).

Just another day in paradise... but if those fish are still working that area on Thursday I'll have anglers with spinning gear and a well full of white bait...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Jared DJared D Fernandina Beach Posts: 399 Deckhand
    Nice Speck.
    The bite just fired up here in Jacksonville as well, but primarily dinks thus far. I am still looking for a bigger one like yours.

I caught a ton of 14-18 inch trout (probably 30) on Saturday morning on the income tide- 8 wt - supposed to be fishing for Reds.
    They were lying in a 5 foot hole that is behind a four foot wide gap in an oyster bar. The surrounding area is 3 feet deep.... so that extra 2 feet had them all congregated eating bait washing through the gap as the tide rolled in.

I nailed all of mine on an olive green/ tan shrimp pattern.