Home Northeast (3 Forums) Sale/Trade

Moose?

This is a strange request. I know there are some members that travel to hunt big game. I have been blessed to eat a bunch of game, some taken by my own hand, others by friends. I don't plan to hunt moose but would like to try it. If anyone gets one or has any moose meat that they would be willing to trade, please contact me and we can talk about what to bargain with.

Thank you,

-Bob

Replies

• mikemooremikemoore Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Ha! Smart man, as anyone who has done it knows, packing moose meat is a MONUMENTAL PIA! I gave all mine (that I didn't eat on the mountain) away to the poor up there in Canada. Wrote it off to help pay for the trip. What we did have was excellent, very near elk with quite a bit more fat. Good luck, hope you find some.
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,536 Admiral
    Two things a man says when he walks up top a moose he has just killed....

Holy Shizt.....!!

The next thing the guy says is ....

Holy Shizt.....because it takes all day to quarter and hike an animal that size out....!!!

But seriously I had a guy from ALaska come fish with me, and he brought some smoked moose sausage .....great stuff !!

Hope you find some.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 12,000 AG
    I was hoping to get my first taste this year, but Irma ruined our trip to Maine. This one is just a youngster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • FlatheadfishermanFlatheadfisherman Posts: 807 Officer
    Flash wrote: »
    I was hoping to get my first taste this year, but Irma ruined our trip to Maine. This one is just a youngster.

Sorry about your trip. Hope you get to go next year and you are successful.
  • delsdels Saint Johns, FLPosts: 6 Greenhorn
    Not sure you how you can get it down here, sadly... but fun fact and fond memories... my mom had a butcher store in a very small town in the province of Quebec and growing up during hunt season we'd always help the hunters chop and pack up in exchange for a couple hundred bucks and often ended up some of the meat as tip!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,365 AG
    I would think there has to be an online butcher you can order from.   Exotic meats are becoming more popular though so maybe not Moose, I've had elk, and it was fantastic.   If people say Moose is like it but with more fat it has to be amazing. 
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 

Hello.

Just wanted to get this thread back up for the upcoming season. If anyone is blessed to get a moose and would like to trade for some meat later this year, please let me know.

Thank you. -Bob

Hello again. Just wanted to get this thread back up to the front for the upcoming season. If anyone is blessed to get a moose on a trip up north and would like to trade for a small piece of it this year, please let me know.

Thank you,
    -Bob
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,840 Captain
    might just order online Bob... not many Moose hunters in NE Fla...
    might just order online Bob... not many Moose hunters in NE Fla...
    I don't think Moose meat can be ordered online. I have seen all sorts of other things like Buffalo, Elk, etc but they are farmed. Moose meat from what I can gather isn't farmed and can't be sold since it is illegal to sell wild animal meat. I don't hunt but mostly fish anymore so I trade to get wild game like elk, mule deer, whitetail vension, black bear from friends that take hunting trips. They then give me some of it and I give them something. I don't know anyone that has taken a moose so I have been trying to get with someone on here since I figure I may find someone that is blessed to go and get one. 
    Annual request for any moose hunters around this area that get lucky on a moose this year. Willing to trade for a small taste of some if you are successful. Never had it before and wont be on a hunting trip for them anytime soon. Thanks. 
    Hello. This is my annual request for any moose hunters in this area that may be fortunate on a moose hunt later this year. Willing to trade for a small taste of some if you are successful. Could trade fish or beer (I work at a brewery).
    Thank you.