Home General Fishing

Pflueger President on sale at Bass Pro for $30

2»

Replies

• DES51DES51 Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Cabelas is also having a sale on the President XT Limited Edition. 79.99 on sale for 39.99. Higher gear ration 6:2 -1.
  • relicshunterrelicshunter Posts: 605 Officer
    nick wrote: »
    Handles rotting off? Yay.

And junk calico’s.

Curious about the handle rotting off comment! I had one get a lose handle after 3 months and I am just about to send it in to pflueger. First time having a problem like this, is it some thing to worry about?
  • FlecFlec Posts: 705 Officer
    I have two Presidents that have a years worth of use (50+ trips) and they still work fine. One of them fell overboard in the lagoon and was fished out after about 20 seconds and it is still working fine. One of the handles,maybe both, have a little corrosion. Smooth drags.
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,994 Captain
    Curious about the handle rotting off comment! I had one get a lose handle after 3 months and I am just about to send it in to pflueger. First time having a problem like this, is it some thing to worry about?

When I first started guiding I ran a set of presidents. Handles rotted off all 10 of them at the 3 month mark. Some started making noise at the 5-6 month mark. But...for the money. Even $60 it’s better than a penn.

Shimano Sahara’s lasted a year

Penn battles started seizing at the 3 month mark. Absolute junk.

Currently running a set of 6 month old stradics. Roller bearings and drags washers are beginning to wear.

Picked up a nasci a month ago. Handle seems cheep. But other than that I like it.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,254 AG
    Anyone come across anything close to this kind of deal online today? I haven't.
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • skankin pickleskankin pickle Posts: 52 Deckhand
    Anyone come across anything close to this kind of deal online today? I haven't.

i go on amazon and save the reel to my cart, every couple hours, i refresh my browser to see if the cost drops or goes up. has worked well for a lot of other stuff and got some really good deals.

there is also https://camelcamelcamel.com/ (no joke), find your item, put in your email and you will get notifications when the price goes up or down. haven't used it yet but i heard a radio host talking about it this morning.
    rise and shine, it's fishing time!
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,237 Captain
    For me and my friends that use them the handle issue has been purely cosmetic. The chrome finish basically corrodes off.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith - Crooked Rod Charters