1 for 2 tarpon tonight... chased out by the wind

Wind has been a bear lately. Stout NE winds has made the West side of Charlotte Harbor (where I typically fish) tough to get out. Tonight the wind seemed to not be so bad so I headed out to see what the juvis were doing. Ended up getting out there on a slack tide, about to start incoming. Jumped a 15 pounder on my second cast, then got one similar sized to the boat about 30 minutes later. Then the wind picked up quite a bit along with the incoming tide and I called it a night. Had fun still but man this wind is relentless.

-Mag

Bad picture but here she is... you can't tell from the pic but it had a very big stomach... been eating well lately it would seem.

FeRjF5p.jpg
Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
2017 Tarpon Count: 109/431
Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
Instagram is @crooked_rod_charters

Replies

• Real VReal V Posts: 465 Officer
    kmagnuss wrote: »
    Wind has been a bear lately. Stout NE winds has made the West side of Charlotte Harbor (where I typically fish) tough to get out. Tonight the wind seemed to not be so bad so I headed out to see what the juvis were doing. Ended up getting out there on a slack tide, about to start incoming. Jumped a 15 pounder on my second cast, then got one similar sized to the boat about 30 minutes later. Then the wind picked up quite a bit along with the incoming tide and I called it a night. Had fun still but man this wind is relentless.

-Mag

Bad picture but here she is... you can't tell from the pic but it had a very big stomach... been eating well lately it would seem.

FeRjF5p.jpg

The wife and I were sitting on the patio that night and she said man the wind picked up. My reply to her was you know why? Kmag is trying for tarpon tonight.
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 2,744 Captain
    Haha... thanks for thinking of me. :)
    Tonight it was butter calm out there. Jumped one 80 pounder.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    2017 Tarpon Count: 109/431
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
    Instagram is @crooked_rod_charters