Buying a new plotter?

mikenavmikenav Posts: 800 Officer
I was at the FTL Boat Show this weekend and talked to a lot of people looking to buy plotters for Christmas (either for themselves or for a family member). There are so many to choose from and so many different options on each one, it seems like it's getting harder and harder than just saying "Give me a Humminbird" "Or I need a Raymarine". From side scan capabilities to CHIRP to satellite imaging to wifi (or not to wifi)... it goes on and on.

Compounding the question was a lot of people had cards in their current one that they like and want to keep, whether it's Navionics+ or Platinum+ or any of the Garmin, Lowrance or even aftermarket cards. The key is finding the plotter that a) does what you want/need it to do and b) is compatible with the card you already have (or plan to get).

From the Navionics standpoint, there is a compatibility guide that answers those questions here: https://www.navionics.com/usa/support/compatibility-guides/

Still looking to gather some of that info for the other cards, but I will post it as I come across it.

Good luck!