Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

11/3 Bay Boat Success!!

Took the day off to try our luck with the extinct fish in the 2100 bay boat. Left Mayport about 730 and easy running until the jetties. Then it became interesting and luckily, I only had 8 or so miles to go to get to the spot. Windfinder and every other weather place had the forecast SO wrong.

With wind howling out of the NE and our spot NE out of Mayport, it was going to make an interesting ride to say the least!! What seemed like an hour later, we made the spot and setup drifts and I will say I have NEVER seen the drift this fast. To give you a better description, I could have pulled pogies at kingfish speed without starting the engine!!

We got our 4 and said to hell with this beating and was back at Mayport by 10:30 or so.

Of course FWC everywhere at the ramp but when they heard the trailer make a loud popping noise, they turned around and headed the opposite direction as I had enough to deal with.

Hopefully the $1500 for new torsion axles will be worth this trip!!!

Happy hunting everyone!!

Stephen

Replies

• BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,777 Captain
    glad you got yours and are safe... we cancelled due to wind and waves... doesn't look any better next weekend.. and I got 2 new torsion axles for like $1200 from Wilson's earlier this year just before one was about to fail.... good fellas over there
  • knotenoughknotenough Posts: 936 Officer
    glad you got yours and are safe... we cancelled due to wind and waves... doesn't look any better next weekend.. and I got 2 new torsion axles for like $1200 from Wilson's earlier this year just before one was about to fail.... good fellas over there

WOW!! hard to believe the prices have gone up $300 since that time! lol
  • ReefRocketReefRocket Jacksonville BeachPosts: 987 Officer
    Look at the positive side. Axle was ready to go. Would you rather have to replace axle and not fish and not catch your limit... or axle go, with fish, with limit.

You got guts... glad it broke pulling you out of the water.
    Bobby Riggins, 904-626-8407,
    REALTOR® AT EXIT REAL ESTATE GALLERY
    www.fl4sell.com
  • knotenoughknotenough Posts: 936 Officer
    Picked it up at lunch today. Now to buy a few things of axle grease and slather that on everything before dipping it into the water again. Glad I got out with the weather the way it looks this weekend!!