Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

FPI Offshore 11/1

Excellent conditions forecasted so the plan was to run for clean water and see what we could make happen . Trolled rattle jets in broken weed line 220' out to 310' where we got our first knock down , dolphin hit long bait .Stopped the boat and started chumming chunks of blue runner that we picked up at 12A. Within minutes schoolies were up on us , pitched live sardines and more chunks of runner . Ended up with 6 in the boat, had a few mystery fish cut the mono during this drift .Called it a day when we ran out of live bait , was a difficult task to get them touch the sabikis that day for whatever reason .

Replies

• JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    I had cut offs down by lwi the other day. Some were above 6+" of wire. Some were cudas. Others were unseen.

Nice job on the phins.
  • BacDocBacDoc Posts: 704 Officer
    Solid catching, nice work bro!

What a difference a day makes. I heard reports of smooth seas on Wednesday and wanted to cover some water on Thursday but conditions were not good for us. Short period seas and wind made for slow sloppy eastbound running and this time of year those fins are deeper.

Thinking your mystery cut offs were wahoo at that depth and the moon phase.
  • flknifemakerflknifemaker Posts: 199 Deckhand
    BacDoc wrote: »
    Solid catching, nice work bro!

What a difference a day makes. I heard reports of smooth seas on Wednesday and wanted to cover some water on Thursday but conditions were not good for us. Short period seas and wind made for slow sloppy eastbound running and this time of year those fins are deeper.

Thinking your mystery cut offs were wahoo at that depth and the moon phase.

Thank you . I ran into a friend of yours (Jim)at 12A btw.
    Wednesday was absolutely beautiful , hoping for more days like this soon.

And yes definitely was thinking wahoo as well with the moon phase and types of cut offs .
  • seahuntetecseahuntetec Posts: 136 Deckhand
    Excellent conditions forecasted so the plan was to run for clean water and see what we could make happen . Trolled rattle jets in broken weed line 220' out to 310' where we got our first knock down , dolphin hit long bait .Stopped the boat and started chumming chunks of blue runner that we picked up at 12A. Within minutes schoolies were up on us , pitched live sardines and more chunks of runner . Ended up with 6 in the boat, had a few mystery fish cut the mono during this drift .Called it a day when we ran out of live bait , was a difficult task to get them touch the sabikis that day for whatever reason .

Nice job finding the fish. We started the day with no live well and our engine buzzer going off. The buzzer was a false alarm ran the full day, but without any live bait decided to fish the bottom. Lane, Trigger and a couple sea bass. The lanes were 13 to 15". Hope to get out later this week, I will you a call.
  • rgambotzrgambotz Posts: 224 Deckhand