Etiquette

2»

Replies

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,291 Admiral
    well that is one of the reasons for the exemption.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • gettinwetgettinwet Posts: 1,366 Officer
    jbdba01 wrote: »
    My observations have been that on the Southshore if you can run skinny wideopen many people do...I would say over 50% do. The new microskiff guys seems to be really enjoying the ability to run skinny.

It's really getting bad...tarpon fishing is pretty much a joke now a days.

I'm starting to think night fishing will be the way to go.

I started doing that years ago when Sebastian Inlet became such a circus not to mention the jet ski/Sunday boater parade on weekends..........would put in at Wabasso and work lighted docks/bridges. Never missed the inlet.

Since selling my boat I've been wade fishing the Titusville area, can't night fish now that MIWR is closed to shore anglers - used to go to Haulover but got tired of the boat traffic so spend my time searching for places in the backwaters where people aren't. Even if I don't catch any fish I still will have my peace of mind.
    There are only so many casts in life, so shut up and fish!!
  • fishNswimfishNswim Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    well that is one of the reasons for the exemption.

I don't follow, care to elaborate?
    ~In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty~
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,239 Admiral
    harbison wrote: »
    :fishing We fish 100+ miles off shore. The way we too keep "away from the crowds."

I'm not sure my 1720 will make it that far. let alone back.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • AutomaticEyeAutomaticEye Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    If FWC would work SS for the week, they could pay for their Salaries, Pensions, Boats and Gas if they wrote tickets to the folks ignoring the rules. That would be nice... When I first moved back to FL 6-7 years ago, I would see them sit in the corner off of Little Harbor and enforce the rules on the flats up to Simmons and down toward port Manatee. Not sure why they quit, but I agree, it keeps getting worse. Can be working any flat and here comes an idiot on plane not far from where you are fishing, any day of the week. I have even been out on weekdays with a mostly unoccupied stretch of water and some tool-bag has to drive by on plane in the no wake zones... Not cool.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,002 Captain
    harbison wrote: »
    :fishing We fish 100+ miles off shore. The way we too keep "away from the crowds."

You take the crowd with you
    You should have been here yesterday
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,291 Admiral
    fishNswim wrote: »
    I don't follow, care to elaborate?
    don't know much about TB but in Citrus county some guides and commercial fishers were granted exemptions to the idle speed zones outside of the marked channels.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 924 Officer
    etiquette is a thing of the past for sure. The water is now like the road. everyone wants to live the "Salt Life".
    Best one I had was when I took a visiting guide out tarpon fishing, we were hooked up and had a big cc blowing their horn flipping us off yelling get the F back in the intracoastal with that little POS boat. I told my buddy that was the warm Florida hospitality.
    ANUMBER1 - I fish up your way about once a month and folks are more courteous up that way, but CR has alot of people fishing that area for the population of the surrounding areas.
    I can no longer cope with fishing south of the Bay.
    But hey, I got people driving down my drive trying to find a deer to shoot. Had a guy once (with his truck) hit a 6-point in my drive during season. no etiquette.
2»