Tesla issues

Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,079 AG

Replies

• NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,065 Admiral
    It's no wonder so many people are demanding refunds on their Model 3s (they never would have been built anyway).
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,747 Captain
    11 seconds
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,065 Admiral
    11 seconds

Hypercar quick.
  • My son has one and has never had a problem.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,555 Admiral
    Wonder if tesla falls under the lemon law?
    Did read in a mag that tesla was having some quality control issues.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,282 AG
    e7a8e4961f6f087fb99c3b691a590f6a6c7e22a69e978e18ccb3dbca8fa6b092.jpg
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,777 AG
    Google "My ____________ car sucks" and you will get ten of those stupid youtubes. This one is just being used by someone wanting to dis the future cause they are backwards.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,079 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Google "My ____________ car sucks" and you will get ten of those stupid youtubes. This one is just being used by someone wanting to dis the future cause they are backwards.

:rotflmao
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    Propaganda from big oil
    edited June 13 #11
    Cyclist said:

Consumer Reports found ‘big flaws’ in Model 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Swiss tio.ch reports that yet another Tesla burst into flames after crashing on the A2 highway near the town of Bellinzona, killing a 48-year-old German driver who was trapped inside.

According to the Swiss publication, the driver, a 48-year-old German motorist from Baden-Wurtermberg, lost control of the vehicle a few meters after the Monte Ceneri tunnel, crashing into the central guardrail, an accident that was remarkably similar to an October 2017 crash in Austria, in which a Model S also burned down, however without any fatalities.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,508 Admiral
    It's electric.boogiewoogieooogie 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,046 AG
    edited June 13 #13
    I have no issue withTesla or electric car tech. I think it is interesting.  I do have issue with the fact that the taxpayers are pumping tens of billions of dollars into the companies doing the production. Especially Tesla.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    Why won’t Elon Musk just have one of the big car makers build his cars? Ego maybe?
    fins4me said:
    I have no issue withTesla or electric car tech. I think it is interesting.  I do have issue with the fact that the taxpayers are pumping tens of billions of dollars into the companies doing the production. Especially Tesla.
    The batteries are extremely dangerous to anyone or anything around them if or when they get damaged. Its a fire that wont stop.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,843 Captain
    My wife's best friend and her husband are Tesla nuts! He has the sedan , she has the top of the line SUV with gull wing doors. I don't get it. 
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,417 Captain
    In my opinion pure electric cars will be a fast fashion trend.
    Hybrid will probably be the most reliable future. The oil companies will have time to convert their business, the car producers the same, etc.
    Anyway my congrats to Elon Musk, he understood that it would been a great business thanks to the politically correct nuts who believe that electricity grows on the trees.

Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing with my "pasta hole" closed :grin !
    Being politically correct is a self-inflicted slavery.
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,273 AG
    Hybrid will probably be the most reliable future. The oil companies will have time to convert their business, the car producers the same, etc.
    Anyway my congrats to Elon Musk, he understood that it would been a great business thanks to the politically correct nuts who believe that electricity grows on the trees.

Well said!

:)
    I’m only responsible for what I say -- not for what others think they understand.

Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the "m" is silent.

America! Keep calm and return fire.

:USA
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,228 Captain

The thing is, hybrids are complicated, electric cars are pretty simple really. The only real hang up is the batteries. The technology has come a long way but, they have a lone way to go. I looked at a Tesla a couple years ago and the sales man said it used regular AA NiCad batteries, about a thousand of them, said they were grouped together for easy replacement if one failed. Not sure if that’s the case now though. Out of my price range. The new lithium batteries are dangerous, had a friend lose his hunt camp when his battery powered drill caught fire in the shed after he used it and plugged it in to charge.

Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,273 AG
    AC Man said:
    My wife's best friend and her husband are Tesla nuts! He has the sedan , she has the top of the line SUV with gull wing doors. I don't get it. 
    Ask him to let you drive one day, and I think you'll get it.  :)
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,273 AG

Who thinks electricity grows on trees?

The facts remain that electric vehicles produce roughly 1/2 of what a normal vehicle produces TODAY.

And, for what it's worth, I think electric and hybrid and full gasoline engines will all be around for the foreseeable future.

It will probably take a quantum leap in battery technology or power generation to usher in the end of gasoline motors, and there are no such leaps on the horizon despite a huge amount of investment and R&D into the topic.

Hope you are enjoying a glass of fine wine on your Friday night, Balla. :)  ....MIke
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,417 Captain
    edited June 16 #22
    Thanks Mike; dinner at home with pasta & mushrooms and more than a glass of fine wine (Sardinian Vermentino) ;)

On topic: I think that many are really convinced that fully electric cars are at 0 pollution impact.
    Here in Italy, for instance, are the same guys against nuclear energy (the only source that keeps low the pollution for the electricity production).

Anyway yes, the point are batteries, both for reliability and for pollution impacts. Unless the technology won’t be more safe, reliable and sustainable the future will remain gasoline.
    Unless they discover a cheap hydrogen production. In this case bye bye electric cars.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing with my "pasta hole" closed :grin !
    Being politically correct is a self-inflicted slavery.

Who thinks electricity grows on trees?

The facts remain that electric vehicles produce roughly 1/2 of what a normal vehicle produces TODAY.

And, for what it's worth, I think electric and hybrid and full gasoline engines will all be around for the foreseeable future.

It will probably take a quantum leap in battery technology or power generation to usher in the end of gasoline motors, and there are no such leaps on the horizon despite a huge amount of investment and R&D into the topic.

Hope you are enjoying a glass of fine wine on your Friday night, Balla. :)  ....MIke
    Electric cars produce 1/2 of what???

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,228 Captain
    Ever been to a battery plant, or and acid plant? most of those were run out of the country by the EPA, now they operate in countries like India, where there is little control over their manufacturing practices. I wish they were a clean alternative. Cars are definitely a lot cleaner now then they were, the rubber from the tires is probably the biggest polluter, and electric cars have rubber tires too.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
    I have driven a Tesla s model. I have to admit it would put you back in the seat. Acceleration is unreal, but that’s the way electric motors work. 
     But even the owner admits it is just a toy, an expensive one at that.