Florida fishing is on fire and the hunting is great

As most who follow my reports know I have been suffering from pneumonia. Thanks to excellent doctors & the thought and prayers of my many friends I am getting better. I am finding out that, at 75, recovery is much slower, but I will make it; too many stories to tell, pictures & videos to share, not to.
Speaking of sharing, thanks to Captain Dylan Hubbard, Mr. John Martin, Hubbard's Marina, and my good friend, Ralph, owner of Two Guys & A Hog, for keeping me, us, updated.
We in Florida are ready for the cold of Winter:
1_zpsvel0w4pc.jpg
As expected with the arrival of extremely cold weather, below 70, the fishing is absolutely on fire. This just in from the 10/27/17 overnight Florida Fisherman ll trip:
2_zps6k8llgzx.jpg
3_zpsq3u2j4k9.jpg
4_zpscchyunuf.jpg
5_zps3mubq906.jpg
6_zpsr6yufcge.jpg

We do not see too many grey snapper 100 miles off shore:
8_zpseqizktod.jpg
The mangrove snapper bit was strong:
9_zpsof2txwda.jpg
It's often most difficult to get away from the 'endangered' American Red Snapper:
10_zpsjqaymegy.jpg
A week ago the Florida Fisherman ll docked Sunday morning with over 50 gag grouper. This week looks just as good:
11_zpstaealmgb.jpg
12_zpsoilfdduq.jpg
14_zpsacgr9whp.jpg
In the money jack pot winners:
15_zpsqnznm3vk.jpg
The Flying Hub ll is also tearing them apart:
24_zps7qbslfdv.jpg

25_zpsrilrzbua.jpg

26_zpshltenlcq.jpg

19_zpsh5wtjodr.jpg
Notice the bright colors in really deep vermilion snapper:
27_zpskqw4p3mr.jpg
With the first cold snap of the season not only are the fish on fire, but the hogs are hungry. At this time of the year many Florida Sportsmen dream about sights such as this directly from the woods of Perry, Florida's Best, Two Guys & A Hog.
29_zpsmwjbkhlv.jpeg
4695_zpstt7poxoi.jpeg
Last year I celebrated my 75'th birthday with a Two Guys And A Hog trophy wild boar:
061_zpsnoqd0n2j.jpg
This year will be big # 76. Ralph, I will be good & ready!
Florida Fisherman ll and Two Guys And A Hog, hope to see you soon and often.
Bob Harbison Florida Outdoor Writers Association

Replies

• GratefulEdGratefulEd Posts: 315 Deckhand
    Great post, sir, and thanks for sharing.
    Florida is great, ain't it just?
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 2,964 Captain
    :USA Thanks so much. I feel so proud to be an American, and, by the grace of God, a native Floridian. Indeed..."Florida is great" !
  • Bottomfinder#1Bottomfinder#1 Posts: 1,021 Officer
    hey harbison can you let me know what hunt camp you go to. looking for a boar hunt
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 2,964 Captain
    I use two different outfitters, Two Guys ans a Hog, and Bear Bridge Ranch. Check out their web sights. The pictures above were from Two Guys. These are from Bear Bridge Ranch:
    11_zps7miiw6iq.jpg
    10_zpsgas350x2.jpg
    13_zpstahin9xz.jpg