Irma Casualty

Shell Island Mouth of Crystal River

Replies

• HARRYDHARRYD Posts: 205 Deckhand
    No story attached???
  • Bud in FlaBud in Fla Posts: 72 Greenhorn
    Looks familiar but I never shopped there - Was that the bait boat?
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,786 Captain
    Not Irma....

Just a POS. Think originally sank September 18th. These are from the 19th. At 12pm and 3pm.

Anyone taking bets on when the blue POS sinks again?

12pm
    LWl68gT.jpg

3pm
    sXr8dBN.jpg
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    Be nice in 40ft..
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,679 AG
    lbud wrote: »
    Be nice in 40ft..

:wink

As long as i have the numbers where it sank.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • redeye76redeye76 Posts: 429 Deckhand
    Bud in Fla wrote: »
    Looks familiar but I never shopped there - Was that the bait boat?

Nope. Bait boat is still swinging on an anchor but looks pretty beat up.
    No story here. Just a sunk junk boat. Hope it either stays there or gets towed offshore. Be a mess if it drifts into the narrow channel around the north end of Shell Island and then sinks in the channel.
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 957 Officer
    looked like a nice boat at some point
  • Top ContenderTop Contender Posts: 598 Officer
    Be really nice in about 100’ on top of a ledge...
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,174 AG
    Bait boat sat at Salt River/Crystal River junction for a year before the paint job and transformation into a bait boat.....
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,174 AG
    I heard it sank during Irma from an FWC officer?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    I heard it sank during Irma from an FWC officer?

Was floating yesterday, Oct 26, at noon when I came back in river. Beat up but floating.
  • josh...BAMFjosh...BAMF Posts: 119 Deckhand
    Passed by it today. Pretty sure it was on the bottom during low tide on the way in. And we went out on a pretty high tide and didn't look like it was floating during that. I have some pics from my go pro ill attach later.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,623 Admiral
    I hate this crap, there was a huge old Junker someone dumped in the Wacasassa River years ago, the remains are sill rotting away, Steinhatchee river has at least 10 boats that need to go one sank about 5 years ago after they moved it up river, I told the wife, just watch that one will be on the bottom one day and it wasn't long after they moved it that it sank. Don't these boats need to maintain a current registration as well?
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers