2»

Replies

• jensenjeff1955jensenjeff1955 Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    Definitely a Bonefish
  • GratefulEdGratefulEd Posts: 316 Deckhand
    I caught a 22" bonefish on a shrimp right near Bunces Pass in 1985
    Haven't seen one since
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,355 Captain
    Copper colored bonefish????? Still sounds like a whiting ( aka ground mullet) to me. But without pics we are all guessing based on a description. Maybe the op should look at some fish pics
    You should have been here yesterday
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,980 Admiral
    warsaw
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • New2FlNew2Fl Posts: 76 Greenhorn
    Ok went through a bunch of fish images on google. I did find one that looked very similar. It was called a freshwater sucker fish? Could this be a possibility? I imagine weedon island is pretty brackish. I'll try to post a pic later.
  • Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 592 Officer
    New2Fl wrote: »
    Ok went through a bunch of fish images on google. I did find one that looked very similar. It was called a freshwater sucker fish? Could this be a possibility? I imagine weedon island is pretty brackish. I'll try to post a pic later.

Not a chance. Those are river fish and need a real river, brackish or not. You will NOT find one of those in the weedon island area.
  • GratefulEdGratefulEd Posts: 316 Deckhand
    Pretty sure there's no freshwater tributary running into the area. There is that little bridge near the NW side of Riviera bay, but I don't know where the water under it comes from. Maybe a storm water run off?
  • BIGMANBIGMAN Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    For the second time

BONEFISH

We get the little guys inside the bay
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,355 Captain
    BIGMAN wrote: »
    For the second time

BONEFISH

We get the little guys inside the bay

Still going with whiting, they look just like a copper colored sucker fish that op posted. Do bonefish get copper colored?
    You should have been here yesterday