Home General Paddle Craft

Florida Sportsman Expo is in Tampa this weekend.

It is that time of year. Florida Sportsman Expo will be in Tampa this weekend at the State Fair Grounds, Oct. 6 and 7. I will be at the Kayak Stage all day Saturday and Sunday. There will be some great seminars on everything from inshore to offshore and yes, kayak fishing. Looks like it will be a windy weekend and a great time to check out the Expo. If you do come make sure you stop by and say hello.
http://www.floridasportsman.com/expo/

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,957 Captain
    I like those Expo's, look forward to the next time they have one on the East Coast.
  • krashkrash Posts: 682 Officer
    I have been to 3 and have not been impressed yet...
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 843 Officer
    krash wrote: »
    I have been to 3 and have not been impressed yet...

Sorry to hear that, I have been attending them since the early 90's when they were in Miami and then War Memorial in Ft. Lauderdale. I get the agenda off the internet prior to attending and mark the classes I want to attend. If you learn one or two things, that's a success and I fish three to four days a week and still learn something valuable. Did I mention the cost, it's ridiculous how reasonable it is to attend and there is dollar off coupons online and two dollar off coupons if you receive the magazine.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,957 Captain
    Sorry to hear that, I have been attending them since the early 90's when they were in Miami and then War Memorial in Ft. Lauderdale. I get the agenda off the internet prior to attending and mark the classes I want to attend. If you learn one or two things, that's a success and I fish three to four days a week and still learn something valuable. Did I mention the cost, it's ridiculous how reasonable it is to attend and there is dollar off coupons online and two dollar off coupons if you receive the magazine.

Well said ! :grin and dead on exactly why I go to them.

It is an opportunity to ask experts how they do things, and no matter how salty one thinks they are, there is always something to learn.

:thumbsup:thumbsup :thumbsup:thumbsup