Home Tropics

Did the Exumas fare well with Irma and Marie?

HyundaifinnHyundaifinn Posts: 54 Greenhorn
I am planning a trip the Exumas next summer. I have never brought my boat there and have been to Cat, Great Harbor and Spanish Wells on a delivery trip. I've seen some excellent trips reported about it down there and it has pique my interest.

I'm hoping this years storms left them unharmed. I heard Freeport got hit fairly hard. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    I have no updates for you, and I would be interested in an update as well. Though I am on a number of cruising forums and have not heard of any serious damage.

If you plan on anchoring out most of the time you should be fine. We spent three months there this year and only tied up at a marina about four nights!

See our blog from our trip there March, April and May of this year. Plus lessons learned - especially if you have people flying out to join you.

What boat?

www.AtAnchor.com
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • HyundaifinnHyundaifinn Posts: 54 Greenhorn
    I read your blog. Great stuff. I have an open 31' open fish and I am looking to plan a trip for next summer. I want to fish the pocket and run down the Compass and Staniel etc., but I'm having trouble finding marinas with place to sleep and/or a VRBO with a dock which is reasonably priced. I have been to the Abacos many times and are looking for something new where the fishing and diving are good.

Thanks for answering back.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    I read your blog. Great stuff. I have an open 31' open fish and I am looking to plan a trip for next summer. I want to fish the pocket and run down the Compass and Staniel etc., but I'm having trouble finding marinas with place to sleep and/or a VRBO with a dock which is reasonably priced. I have been to the Abacos many times and are looking for something new where the fishing and diving are good.

Thanks for answering back.

Did you check Staniel Yacht Club.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • MikeOMikeO Posts: 112 Deckhand
    Hyundai try isles general at Staniel.

The Exumas didn't get any damage and are open for business last I checked. Normans was meant to have a marina in the works but they still haven't started construction of the docks.