September Snookin/post Irma

Got out for the first time since Irma. lots or fresh water run off and stuff floating around so keep an eye on the water while driving around. Some markers leaning over but over all and all we are very lucky. the snook bite was solid all day banging bushes around the bay with the higher than normal water level. My brother landing some upper slot fish which is nice to get on them when hes on the boat. Seems like a couple degree temp drop because of the rain and cloudy days have fired the bite off. Bait is still plentiful in the same location I was catching it prior to the storm. Saw what looked like redfish pushing around a flat at first light but was unable to get them to eat anything and as the water came up some they disappeared. Even spotted a bald eagle which I haven't seen around here in a while.
Don't forget to check out our up coming Charity inshore slam fishing tournament Sept 30th we do our very best to put on a quality event and every one is welcome weather you fish or not come join us!

p2472120832-4.jpg

p2523205880-4.jpg

p2523205878-4.jpg

p2523205881-4.jpg

p2523205879-4.jpg

Replies