Sittin on the dock at the bay

nuevowavo wrote: »
Very often those who complain about the Forum never post reports themselves. Even an occasional report post is much appreciated by active members and "lurkers" alike.

I'm sittin on the dock at the bay wastin time!!!
Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!
II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Replies

• FlickerjimFlickerjim Posts: 475 Officer
    Right on !!.. Sure as hell beats workin!!.. we got skunked yesterday.. well we caught fish just not ones we can bring home.:banghead that's the way it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 21' Palm Beach V6 Yamaha 150
    Tight Lines and Clear Water
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,142 Officer
    I wasted a little time myself, this weekend. Bass fishing on a local lake here in the Nashville area with my best buddy. Since I couldn't make it down to the coast to saltwater fish.

Livin' the Dream !
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,652 Admiral
    UPDATE!!!

Well since we had the storm to the west of us, we got severe storm surge. So the dock I fished all the time got completely destroyed. So I decided to put my chest waders to use and give it a whirl, because this time of year is usually lights out for fishing there. I went Saturday evening for 1 1/2 hours until dark and wore the fish out. Went back Sunday evening and caught 5 reds, 5 black snapper, several lady fish, 2 trout, a flounder and several spanish and pin and pig fish. Had an absolute blast. Called my buddy down in Panama City on Monday and he dropped what he was doing and ran over with his little skiff and a friend, and we proceeded to blister the fish again. Caught reds, trout, lady fish, boat load of spanish. It was off the charts again. The down side is I am back to wade fishing instead of dock fishing. Oh well life is tough and fishing is awesome!

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    great report
    great report

I went back yesterday afternoon and the big jacks moved in blowing up mullet. I am standing about hip deep in water and the mullet actually ran into me while being chased, next a monster jack crevalle in the 30+ range almost mows me down following the mullet. It was awesome. 2 reds swam by me in search of cover too. The jacks made about 3 circles and then just disappeared to the east! I caught 1 flounder about 15 to 16 inches and then the temp dropped and the fish shut off completely. I missed the actual bite by a few hours. Well better luck maybe next time.

• LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,142 Officer
    Spineyman wrote: »
    I went back yesterday afternoon and the big jacks moved in blowing up mullet. I am standing about hip deep in water and the mullet actually ran into me while being chased, next a monster jack crevalle in the 30+ range almost mows me down following the mullet. It was awesome. 2 reds swam by me in search of cover too. The jacks made about 3 circles and then just disappeared to the east! I caught 1 flounder about 15 to 16 inches and then the temp dropped and the fish shut off completely. I missed the actual bite by a few hours. Well better luck maybe next time.

I bet that was a pretty awesome site!

Livin' the Dream !
    LilOrange wrote: »
    I bet that was a pretty awesome site!

It was incredible, they got so close I could have literally pet one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• GratefulEdGratefulEd Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Heh! My buddy and I were wading about chest deep when we were suddenly surrounded by a school of bait. A half acre sized school of jacks arrived and started chopping em up. Amazing how fast your mind goes from 'Hey, that's cool!' to 'OMG we're gonna DIE!!!'
    Was cool to see, but would rather not see it so up close