Stingwray 9/3/17 Panama City... Last red snapper trip for the 2017 season

stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 732 Officer
This trip was originally scheduled for Friday, but due to seas, we moved it to Sunday. Would've moved it to Saturday, but these guys along with most everybody else, wanted to watch the opening of college football. Truthfully I really didn't think they'd make it to dock on time after a night of college football, but they surprised me by being there at 5:30 am. We were loaded and cleared dock by 6:00 am. First stop was the live bait boat for cigar minnows. Made a second stop to catch a little more live bait. After topping off bait, we headed out to our first fishing spot. After about an hour ride out we made our first drop; only to find that this spot was loaded up with Amberjacks and Triggerfish. Unfortunately, couldn't keep any of those beauties due to closures so headed out to another spot. After a sizable move and bumping around a bit, we found the bite we were looking for. During the trip we fished live and dead bait in water from 120 foot to 200 foot. The fish were willing to bite any bait presented to them. By the afternoon we had a box of fish cleaned for the cooler and the vessel was back on the rack waiting for the next trip. Another great day on the Gulf.

IMG_7164%201_zpsj5xcrodd.jpg

IMG_7162_zps4iwknyxh.jpg

A quick pic of C&R Amberjack one of many caught during trip
IMG_7160%201_zps5geamrbk.jpg

IMG_7167_zps6znnpcvu.jpg

Saw this waterspout on ride out
IMG_7176_zpswrwmdjyl.jpg

Replies

• FS ShelbyFS Shelby Posts: 687 Officer
    Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017/06/12/win-costa-rica-fishing-adventure/ for more details.
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,142 Officer
    Nice haul right there. And some beauties! Great size of fish. And those seas look flat calm. Couldn't ask for any better day than that.

Wish I could have made it down there before snapper closed. Oh, well. Hope to get down there on Sept 16th. Hopefully, you left some fish for us! :fishing

Livin' the Dream !
  • Vtec2gsrVtec2gsr Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Thanks for a great day of fishing, even with sore arms still!!!
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,127 Admiral
    Whoa! Nice box of fish right there! At least somebody gets to fish!

Way to catchem up Capt! :cool:
  • Reel Expen$iveReel Expen$ive Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Healthy looking fish right there. I thought that triggers were open last weekend. Congrats.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,088 AG
    Now I'm really kicking myself for not going on Monday. Couldn't find enough crew, however.
    I may be entitled to compensation.
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 732 Officer
    Healthy looking fish right there. I thought that triggers were open last weekend. Congrats.

Yes Triggerfish was open in state water but not in federal water. We were fishing federal water during our trip so all Triggerfish caught that day had to be released.
    Vtec2gsr wrote: »
    Thanks for a great day of fishing, even with sore arms still!!!

Get ready next trip will be a all out deep water grouper fishing trip with electro's. :)
  • addicted2reelinaddicted2reelin Posts: 137 Deckhand
    That's what i am talking bout, saw your other pictures sweet.
    Just a little change of pace today fishing on the freshwater vessel. Now it's my turn to have a stretched string and bent pole in my hand. Another great day on the water

IMG_7239_zpsqbecx2bd.jpg

Catch em up
  • addicted2reelinaddicted2reelin Posts: 137 Deckhand
    Do you ever work anymore .:huh
  • Vtec2gsrVtec2gsr Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Nice fish! I want to retire too!:fishing
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,142 Officer
    Nice!

I did a little freshwater fishing myself this weekend......on a local lake up here in the Nashville area. But, not much luck. Still nice to be on the water.

Livin' the Dream !