TS Irma

Replies

• FishshrimpsnorkelFishshrimpsnorkel Posts: 1,396 Officer
    Although we have a while before we know when and where Irma will go, where ever she lands, it won't be pretty. Start thinking about what you would do if evacuation was ordered, what would be important to take, how to secure what is left, etc., or if you chose to ride it out, what would be your gameplan. Here's the current 14 day projections and probabilities:
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,771 Admin
    Going to the farm,
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,717 Admiral
    Menzies wrote: »
    Well eff that, we are booked on a Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the 16th. So hoping whatever its doing it gets a move on.

Yeah... don't worry about anyone or anything in this storms path, just worry about your vacation, douchbag.
  • hatcityhatcity Posts: 3,019 Captain
    5 am forecast has almost all models keeping it out to sea.
    The very reliable European now is aligned that way.
    BUT that is just an estimate at this time.
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • YooperYooper Posts: 365 Deckhand
    Resinhead wrote: »
    Yeah... don't worry about anyone or anything in this storms path, just worry about your vacation, douchbag.
    ****, everyone is joking around about the storm but you call him a douchbag....................
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,121 AG
    Yooper wrote: »
    ****, everyone is joking around about the storm but you call him a douchbag....................

Head has never been known for his sensitivity. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 6,214 Admiral
    Resinhead wrote: »

So political stuff is bad,personal attacks are ok, Got it
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    Although we have a while before we know when and where Irma will go, where ever she lands, it won't be pretty. Start thinking about what you would do if evacuation was ordered, what would be important to take, how to secure what is left, etc., or if you chose to ride it out, what would be your gameplan. Here's the current 14 day projections and probabilities:

No one wants to be fighting crowds for batteries next week or wondering where their pets can go to be safe if an evacuation comes
    prepare now
    No political signature
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,252 Admiral
    no sir, i don't like it. Something needs to turn that [email protected] north and east where it fizzles out.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,301 Admiral
    Now predicted to be a fish spinner. My vacation is safe, I hope.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
    updated European model shows over the Bahamas on Sunday
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 25,728 AG
    hatcity wrote: »
    updated European model shows over the Bahamas on Sunday

Maybe Sunday Sept. 10th, but I think it will turn north before then. Historical models have it missing the U.S. coast. I bet it is a big storm before it is done wherever it goes. Better hope it misses land.

The disturbance behind Irma is going to be another one to worry about in a few days. We are about to hit the busy season.

Mini Mart Magnate

• frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    No political signature
  • 1982mako2241982mako224 Posts: 412 Deckhand
    This morning's GFS puts Hatteras to Long Island squarely in its path as a major storm. Lot could change though.
  • sea-chasersea-chaser Posts: 377 Deckhand
    Not looking so good this morning. Several models show it hitting central Florida coast.
    ARRL KB6CX

Joined FS forum 10/2001
    Member 1700
  • King_MeKing_Me Posts: 5,312 Admiral
    Gotta keep an eye on this one -

http://www.bearpawsweather.com/tropical/
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,121 AG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,244 Captain
    Great website.
    Thanks for putting that up.
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,323 AG
    My old standby:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • Flash wrote: »

Not liking that model.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,384 Admiral
    I'll be interested in seeing where we are at with the models Monday evening/Tuesday morning. Things keep trending toward us.

I think it's funny our friends who have been here longer are already making evacuation plans. Mind you, they live in Oviedo and Longwood.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 5,079 Admiral
    Last I read it was turning west. Not looking good. I hope it doesn't get yall.
  • King_MeKing_Me Posts: 5,312 Admiral
    Gas stations are already running out of gas in the Boynton/Lakeworth area. Not sure if its because of Harvey or Irma or the combination of both.
    King_Me wrote: »
    Gas stations are already running out of gas in the Boynton/Lakeworth area. Not sure if its because of Harvey or Irma or the combination of both.

right now its Harvey. talked to a tanker yanker this morning, said Port is getting dry
    and the pipeline is still down
    Latest models are not budging. Those models tomorrow night will be interesting.

Captain Todd Approves

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,395 Captain
    PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ORMOND BEACH. I'm still repairing from Mathew. 20k so far no insurance and it was a mild hurricane. Can't deal with another one. Neighbors tell me no direct hit ever and Mathew was the worst now here comes another one. Praying for NE track.

Oh, and the family is leaving for a Carribean cruise tomorrow. Doh!

Edit: meant to say N.E track.
    I was thinking how much it would suck if those same places got hit again.

We may need a new topic tomorrow called Hurricane Irma.

Captain Todd Approves

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    AC Man wrote: »

Oh, and the family is leaving for a Cattibean cruise tomorrow. Doh!

Careful with saying that, you will get insulted.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,395 Captain
    Menzies wrote: »
    Careful with saying that, you will get insulted.

Ok, I admit you lost me???
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    AC Man wrote: »
    Ok, I admit you lost me???

Post # 34
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.