Here comes Lamar

Replies

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,717 Admiral
    Much too easy.

Nite nite kid.
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,916 Captain
    The Ville wrote: »
    Ya ya ya we suck you're right I was wrong blah blah blah blah. We have NO defense and honestly maybe no offensive line. So screw it bring on basketball.

:Spittingcoffee I hope you enjoyed the minute in the spotlight. It's not going to be pretty this year and will only get worse when Lamar leaves. You better hope they improve a LOT before they head to Tally because Jimbo and the team will not let off the gas until the 0:00 is on the scoreboard.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,229 Admiral
    meh, Clemson is the best team in the country. Most teams are going to have that kind of day against them. LV still has a Heisman winning QB. They'll win some games.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    meh, Clemson is the best team in the country. Most teams are going to have that kind of day against them.

I disagree Clemson just has a VERY VERY good defense. Clemson's offense will be avg when they play a good defense but that's all they need to be in the playoff talks.
    I disagree Clemson just has a VERY VERY good defense. Clemson's offense will be avg when they play a good defense but that's all they need to be in the playoff talks.

They lost some NFL talent on that offense, namely the QB. I think their HC will have that offense ready for playoffs. But you know what they say, defense wins championships. That defense is pretty...ok lol.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    They lost some NFL talent on that offense, namely the QB. I think their HC will have that offense ready for playoffs. But you know what they say, defense wins championships. That defense is pretty...ok lol.

I wouldn't get tooooooo excited just yet. Ville lost a TON on offense (OL & WR) and their Defense just sucks. Auburn was way overrated as usual. VTech, NCstate and FSU will provide a much better challenge for Clemson. That say they are looking good as I said they would.
    I wouldn't get tooooooo excited just yet. Ville lost a TON on offense (OL & WR) and their Defense just sucks. Auburn was way overrated as usual. VTech, NCstate and FSU will provide a much better challenge for Clemson. That say they are looking good as I said they would.

I am allowed to get excited this week, my Irish won a game! QB looked pretty good too, i think they finally have a college QB. Brian Kelly has been trying to win with pro style QBs in a college style game. Wimbush is more of a college QB, limited passer but can run all over the place.
  • The VilleThe Ville Posts: 457 Deckhand
    :Spittingcoffee I hope you enjoyed the minute in the spotlight. It's not going to be pretty this year and will only get worse when Lamar leaves. You better hope they improve a LOT before they head to Tally because Jimbo and the team will not let off the gas until the 0:00 is on the scoreboard.

I'm not worried about FSU or Louisville not scoring. I think they can score 63 again and at will. Their Dfense has to this point not stopped anyone. Lamar pressed early, he still lit up Clemson D you said he couldn't. He would have had over 100 yards rushing if they didn't chop block. Our D bothers me.
    It's not my job to provide your education look it up yourself!
    I'm not worried about FSU or Louisville not scoring. I think they can score 63 again and at will.

:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao:Spittingcoffee:rotflmao
    Their Dfense has to this point not stopped anyone.

FSU's D held Bama to 269 yards and the are more talented and deeper than Clemson. Triva question for you when was the last time Bama was held to less than 275 yards rushing and under 100 years passing in a game. You are going to have to go the wwwwwaaaaayyyy back machine to find your answer. Ill be waiting for your answer.
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    I'm not worried about FSU or Louisville not scoring. I think they can score 63 again and at will. Their Dfense has to this point not stopped anyone. Lamar pressed early, he still lit up Clemson D you said he couldn't. He would have had over 100 yards rushing if they didn't chop block. Our D bothers me.

I got no skin in the teams, none of them... Lou... is a good team, better last year and even better than that next year...
    I hope he doesn't try to come out next year out of boredom... He can play in the NFL with more time. This type of offense does not prepare him for the NFL. The NFL is done drafting spread offense guys and throwing them into starting positions. Only time will tell if he can up his game at QB...
    One problem with college now is the recruiting is almost unfair with Ohio State, Alabama loading all the 4 n 5 star players. One thing for sure, the Southeast has way more talent then the rest of the country... FL, and LA are the best 2, then Texas and GA.
    To bad the SOutheast doesnt turn to Pro Offense, would make for better football.. Then these teams could get the Pro talent QB's and WR positions would be more important... Just think Dumbing down college ball to get the best out of the talent for 3 -4 years with no thought to their future is not good for anyone but the admin. and $$$$$$$$$$ for the school... **** Greed in EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!
    90% of the kids going to school in the southeast Conf. and Maybe ACC never make it to the NFL. Thus, they come out of high school as a STAR, go to a college that wants them for their football physique and talent ONLY, break a limb, your gone, second string, your bench, nothing happens in the class room and most go home uneducated. Sad they do this to these kids for SCHOOL PRIDE and money... Used like a cheap pair of shoes..
    Resinhead wrote: »
    Much too easy.

Nite nite kid.

There's ground squirrels that have a higher IQ than you.
    FSU's D held Bama to 269 yards and the are more talented and deeper than Clemson. Triva question for you when was the last time Bama was held to less than 275 yards rushing and under 100 years passing in a game. You are going to have to go the wwwwwaaaaayyyy back machine to find your answer. Ill be waiting for your answer.

If you know anything about football defense has a big advantage in the beginning of the year and offenses slowly catch up. First game of the year even against Bama ain't no measuring stick.
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I got no skin in the teams, none of them... Lou... is a good team, better last year and even better than that next year...
    I hope he doesn't try to come out next year out of boredom... He can play in the NFL with more time. This type of offense does not prepare him for the NFL. The NFL is done drafting spread offense guys and throwing them into starting positions. Only time will tell if he can up his game at QB...
    One problem with college now is the recruiting is almost unfair with Ohio State, Alabama loading all the 4 n 5 star players. One thing for sure, the Southeast has way more talent then the rest of the country... FL, and LA are the best 2, then Texas and GA.
    To bad the SOutheast doesnt turn to Pro Offense, would make for better football.. Then these teams could get the Pro talent QB's and WR positions would be more important... Just think Dumbing down college ball to get the best out of the talent for 3 -4 years with no thought to their future is not good for anyone but the admin. and $$$$$$$$$$ for the school... **** Greed in EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!
    90% of the kids going to school in the southeast Conf. and Maybe ACC never make it to the NFL. Thus, they come out of high school as a STAR, go to a college that wants them for their football physique and talent ONLY, break a limb, your gone, second string, your bench, nothing happens in the class room and most go home uneducated. Sad they do this to these kids for SCHOOL PRIDE and money... Used like a cheap pair of shoes..

The kid can play. I hope he does play another year. Petrino mixes a pro style offense with read option. ACC wanted more teams and Louisville as a whole is the one of the most successful with a huge budget.
    If you know anything about football defense has a big advantage in the beginning of the year and offenses slowly catch up. First game of the year even against Bama ain't no measuring stick.

lol You obviously don't know anything about Bama. Go back and look at what Bama has done to other teams in Season opening games. Bama is ALWAYS ready!!!
    The kid can play. I hope he does play another year.

He has to play at least another year. Nobody is drafting ,as a QB, him this year.
  • Buford CletusBuford Cletus Posts: 1,724 Captain
    Is Petrino the same guy that got caught banging that broad at the Italian restaurant in Louisville?
    Is Petrino the same guy that got caught banging that broad at the Italian restaurant in Louisville?

Close she was an employee at the University.

April 1, 2012
    Petrino crashes his motorcycle, suffering injuries.

It's later discovered that his passenger on the bike was a 25-year-old former Arkansas volleyball player and current football team assistant with whom he was having an affair. He'd hired her (possibly illegally) over several far more qualified candidates.

Petrino attempts to hide the assistant's presence at the crash, asking a witness not to call 911. Arkansas eventually releases a statement saying Petrino was alone in the crash.

Classy guy for sure.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/1/9/5288648/bobby-petrino-louisville-scandal-timeline
    He's almost as bad as Meyer.

Almost.
  • gettinwetgettinwet Posts: 1,366 Officer

I think it had more to do with FSU being held to 250 yards and the turnovers. Bama was never really threatened so stuck to very conservative play calling.
    There are only so many casts in life, so shut up and fish!!
    gettinwet wrote: »
    Bama was never really threatened so stuck to very conservative play calling.

The game was close and FSU was moving the ball until the special teams disasters started. Blocked Punt, blocked FG, 9 yard punt, fumble on kickoff on goal line etc etc etc

Normally Bama wears teams down in second half by running the ball that didn't happen against FSU.
    The Ville will have 3 loses min this season. Hope you enjoyed their minute of fame.

**** i'm good!!
    2 down more to come.

:rotflmao

Still better than FSU.
    Still better than FSU.

FSU scored 4 less points and gave up 12 less points against the same NC State Team.
    Ville was never in the game. FSU was in the game until the end.

FSU scored 4 less points and gave up 12 less points against the same NC State Team.
    Ville was never in the game. FSU was in the game until the end.

Dood your high, obviously you never watched the game.
    was i high or did Iowa State beat Oklahoma with a linebacker playing QB?
    Dood your high, obviously you never watched the game.

You are wrong!! I watched the whole things.
    That defense sucks.
    The Ville will have 3 loses min this season. Hope you enjoyed their minute of fame.

**** i'm good!!