First Thanksgiving Without Family In 31 Years

MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
Every year since we came to the states we have had all or some of our children at home for Thanksgiving. This year is the first that they will all be staying where they live and work. They have all grown up , sniff.

Now Thanksgiving for us is not what it is for you lot, Christmas is our big deal.

So I am toying with a few ideas now that we have the freedom to do what we want.

We did consider flying out to our kids but decided not to as they are all in very cold climates (Washington State, Montana, and Arkansas. We will see them at Christmas and that is fine.

So, choices we are noodling are:

NYC for the Macy's Day Parade, Hamilton if we can get tickets and generally doing NYC stuff.

Key West. Fly down and stay at the Casa Marina Resort (Waldorf Astoria) who have some great deals during the weekend.

Take our own boat (Sonas) up to Charleston for the week.

Drive over to New Orleans where we have been invited by friends to spend the weekend.

Fly back to Ireland and visit family - flights are dirt cheap because it is out of tourist season.

I am leaning towards Key West or Ireland (I know big difference!).

Open to suggestions, any other places we should look at? Boston and Plymouth? South Beach?

BTW, did I ever tell you being retired is DA BOMB! :)
Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.

Replies