Flood like Harvey could Never happen in Florida!

2»

Replies

• TripleXTripleX Posts: 1,768 Moderator
    As some of you may notice, some posts have been removed due to taking a political turn and completely derailing the original topic. Please refrain from similar posts that have nothing to due with the original topic. You may consider this a warning!
    Govern ourselves accordingly!!
    Thanks
    TripX
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,117 Captain
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    So did anyone watch the video?

I (respectfully) cannot listen to Zappa since I quit smoking pot over 30 years ago.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,808 Admiral
    pottydoc wrote: »
    I'm curious, mods. I was under the impression you got rid of the political section, and said it wasn't allowed on OT, or any other section. Did I miss those rules being changed?

seems like a few get exceptions
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,117 Captain
    Finfinder wrote: »

I believe they will let mild political posts slide as long as we do not get into bashing other members personally and being disrespectful. Every subject has some politics involved, even fishing.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,808 Admiral
    conchydong wrote: »
    I believe they will let mild political posts slide as long as we do not get into bashing other members personally and being disrespectful. Every subject has some politics involved, even fishing.

that would be nice but, some posting them regularly are intentionally trolling

BTW why not have some back and forth with members what is the point of post counts then ? If someone want to be a troll let them get called out and be accountable for what they have posted now and in the past.
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,466 Admin
    I'm curious, mods. I was under the impression you got rid of the political section, and said it wasn't allowed on OT, or any other section. Did I miss those rules being changed?

We've tried to allow a little bit, as long as it didn't devolve into the same garbage that we had in Politics, but obviously that didn't work.
    We're going to have to go to zero tolerance mode, including removal of posting privileges from those who can't control themselves.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • gettinwetgettinwet Posts: 1,366 Officer
    conchydong wrote: »
    So who says sea level is going to rise 2 meters in 18 years?
    2" may be possible but I doubt even that.
    "I am glad that I am old" anyway.:grin

I'm pretty sure the map was shown to illustrate what areas would be prone to flooding. Houston just got almost 4 ft of rain in 3 days. More than Seattle gets in an entire year.
    There are only so many casts in life, so shut up and fish!!
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,451 AG
    Finfinder wrote: »

:cry
    Vote for the other candidate
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    SAENole wrote: »
    New York is already under water.

When will we learn?

The whole state of Illinois is under water! And a couple more states are soon to follow.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • gettinwetgettinwet Posts: 1,366 Officer
    All jokes aside, people are suffering in Texas (and all the over the world for that matter). So, when it happens to you - I hope there is someone who doesn't think it is so funny.
    There are only so many casts in life, so shut up and fish!!
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,369 Admiral
    I also hope if it happens to them that they aren't looking on fishing forums for inspiration.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,369 Admiral
    Harvey - I got high score! No one will beat it.

Irma - Hold my beer...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• Gary SGary S Posts: 1,041 Officer
    mplspug wrote: »
    Cool, the Glades will be back to what they were before we drained it.

What will the sea side sparrow do? This will not do. I'm sure The park service will not allow it.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 6,205 Admiral
    STUART, Fla. — Officials in Florida’s Palm Beach County announced a mandatory evacuation for communities south of Lake Okeechobee in an "overabundance of caution" ahead of Hurricane Irma.

There are questions about the conditions of the Herbert Hoover Dike along the southern border of the lake, Vice Mayor Melissa McKinley said in a news conference Thursday night.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/08/hurricane-irma-mandatory-evacuations-ordered-south-lake-okeechobee/644870001/
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,119 Admiral
    So - when I posted this originally, I was obviously being facetious. The coming storm Irma is the one developers along Florida's coast have pretended will never happen.

However, I think Irma and Harvey are two different beasts. Florida will not get 48" of rain.
    23895.gif
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 2,732 Captain
    gettinwet wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the map was shown to illustrate what areas would be prone to flooding. Houston just got almost 4 ft of rain in 3 days. More than Seattle gets in an entire year.
    Pretty sure Florida gets considerable more rain than Seattle does in a year.
  • prowlin4redsprowlin4reds Posts: 955 Officer
    Pretty sure Florida gets considerable more rain than Seattle does in a year.

Washington state gets about 38" per year while we get about 49"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Survival is not mandatory.....
2»