Skip to main content
Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

CK-8/25 Late Day Red Trip

Gator4LifeGator4Life Senior MemberGainesville,FlPosts: 576 Officer
This is the busiest time of the year for me at work and have been putting in 6 days and this week 7 days working. My brother and sister in law were in town for a doctors appointment and wanted to fish when they got done. So I was able to rearrange things to get off to go fish the top of the incoming. Stopped at D,W and D Bait store to pick up some fresh mullet. I told him we've been doing pretty good with the reds and he said most people were and couldn't believe more traffic wasn't there during the week. I guess the heat and school starting back makes for an empty parking lot. I don't mind paying the ramp fee when I'm only a few steps from the dock. We ended up catching 10 reds. 7 Keeper size. Biggest was a nice 25" and all the rest were around 20". I netted some finger mullet but the fish preferred the cut mullet better this time. Changed my leader to 30# Flouro and had no break offs. Sure is nice getting home and not thinking about the ones that got away.
Grasshopper

Replies