Keys Tarpon and Bonefish - Capt John Sheehan

RG AirRG Air Posts: 284 Deckhand
Second time out with John (call him at 305 - 896 - zero three one seven)... Awesome guy. We found these fish in no time and had multiple shots at both species. They were being a bit fickle but managed one of each. Big ups to john for getting me and my wife long talked about experience. Enjoy the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1mppgI7uIw

Replies

• Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Nice going! What part of the Keys were you fishing? There's some pretty healthy turtle grass in your video. Looks kind of like Fla. Bay. It's a shame that so much of the grass in the Lower Keys has been destroyed by storms, shrimping, etc....was hoping it was coming back.
    .......Rick
  • RG AirRG Air Posts: 284 Deckhand
    Permit Rat wrote: »
    Nice going! What part of the Keys were you fishing? There's some pretty healthy turtle grass in your video. Looks kind of like Fla. Bay. It's a shame that so much of the grass in the Lower Keys has been destroyed by storms, shrimping, etc....was hoping it was coming back.

i came across a lot of brown zone on the bay side and was surprised. the grass / hard bottom flat behind our place looked decent which is Tavernier key in the drone shot. we ran a lot further than i was comfortable with in the gheenoe to find good bottom.
  • Capt.JSuLCapt.JSuL Posts: 73 Deckhand
    Great job!
    Capt. Jason Sullivan
    www.RisingTideCharters.com
    (954)864-0592