Skip to main content
Home Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

OT.....phone antenna experience or knowledge.....suggestions..............

bswivbswiv Senior MemberPosts: 8,475 Admiral
Any knowledge/experience here with cell phone antennas for the home?

We've a work office in the woods where service is pitiful. Couple of spots in the office where it can be set up against the window in just the right way with the result being that about 60-70% of the time calls can be made. It will even occasionally hook up to 4G LTE with a bar.

T-Mobile sent two different "signal boosters" for free but must be that their internal antenna is worse than the one in my cheap Samsung. They would not even pick up a single bar so had no signal to "boost".

I'm guessing the next step it to try antenna mounted on the office. But T-Mobile does not send those for free.....actually they don't have them as best I can tell......so I've been looking on the web. And the web is CONFUSING!!!

So anyone have experience with anything specific like this?

Replies

• alibooaliboo Junior Member Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    I assume you have internet and wifi. We used an Ooma phone system For a while here at our Jacksonville house now since we have shed ourselves of the dependency of a land line we moved it to our lake place in georgetown. They are about 100 give or take, get it at Costco or probably Amazon. I used it to wean the family off the land line ( bill ). It is a land line for the house but it only costs 3-5 bucks a month. We have a place in georgetown, so I know how wonderful the service is, not.
  • bswivbswiv Senior Member Posts: 8,475 Admiral
    aliboo wrote: »
    I assume you have internet and wifi. We used an Ooma phone system For a while here at our Jacksonville house now since we have shed ourselves of the dependency of a land line we moved it to our lake place in georgetown. They are about 100 give or take, get it at Costco or probably Amazon. I used it to wean the family off the land line ( bill ). It is a land line for the house but it only costs 3-5 bucks a month. We have a place in georgetown, so I know how wonderful the service is, not.

No cable available here, nor landline phone. Work office is 1 3/4 MILES off State Road 100 in the middle of nowhere. There is not cable on SR 100 for miles and AT & T will not run phone here.

The Internet connection is a big part of the issue too. We use tethering at the house in Fruit Cove, having cut the cord there. T-Mobile works perfect for that.

If antenna would pull phone service from T-Mobile in it would also solve our internet problem at the office.