Help take our wounded veterans fishing

Hi all,

A group I do a lot of volunteer work for, Project Healing Waters, is bringing 50 people, including wounded and disabled vets, volunteers and military, to South Seas Island Resort this October.

Local captains and guides are donating their time to take these heroes fishing for two days. The event is called Fish With A Hero. You may have heard about it on the local news.

To raise money, a few local businesses and organizations are having a fundraiser this Saturday night at Duffy’s in Cape Coral. The restaurant is donating a portion of food and drink tabs, and there will be silent auctions, raffle tickets for a Hobie Mirage kayak, and sales of event shirts as well. Oh, and a benefit performance by local country band The Ben Allen Band.

Please come on out and help us with this worthy cause. Festivities start at 6, the Band starts at 7.

If you PM me, I will send you a flyer with more details.

And, thank you in advance for helping Project Healing Waters help our wounded heroes!:wink

Replies

• hiflyerhiflyer Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    ljk, pm me an address for a donation to your project. Not sure if I will be in FL by that date, will let you know if I can participate as soon as travel plans get firmed up. Bill
  • stallan54stallan54 Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    I won't be able to attend but I'd be honored to make buddies with a couple wounded vets to take them fishing. Not to be age-prejudice but I'd prefer vets 50 years or younger to take offshore. Let me know how I can participate outside of this event.
  • ljkljk Posts: 86 Greenhorn
    hiflyer wrote: »
    ljk, pm me an address for a donation to your project. Not sure if I will be in FL by that date, will let you know if I can participate as soon as travel plans get firmed up. Bill

Here is the website with more info and a link for donations. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

http://fishwithahero.com/SWF%20Event.html
    Here is a link to our website for event details and donations:

http://fishwithahero.com/SWF%20Event.html
    hiflyer wrote: »

PM sent
    I want to thank those of you who showed up last night, we raised over$2,700 and had a great time. Project Healing Waters thanks you for helping them help our wounded and disabled military and veterans!