Spectacular sunset snookin 8/14

The snook bite is absolutely on fire right now. Fished the sunset from around 7:00-8:15 tonight on the bottom of an outgoing tide in the mid beach area.

Again, no bait aside from glass minnows, so I stuck to throwing small bucktails and DOA shrimp. No bait no problem. First cast yielded a 28" fish:

741d8938a444695d7496ed44282205e0.jpg

The entire time I was there, cast after cast I had a fish on. The snook were so thick you could walk on them- weird considering the lack of bait. After that first one, I had 5 more in the slot, 4 snooklets in the 22-26ish range, and a fat 36.5"er to wrap up the action for good measure:

3e746324e7d1d2549c397a449f06ff4a.png

Unbeatable action on 10lb power pro and a light inshore rod. Get em while they're hot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,585 Captain
    Alot of catching for a short time of fishing.
  • sigiiligansigiiligan Posts: 133 Deckhand
    Nice!
  • AlexjgarcAlexjgarc Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Champ what beach you fishin south beach or lil up north haulover
  • AlexNilesAlexNiles Posts: 76 Greenhorn
    Alexjgarc wrote: »
    Champ what beach you fishin south beach or lil up north haulover

40th street and a little south
  • Gooch23Gooch23 Posts: 154 Deckhand
    Awesome! There's going to be 30 people on that beach now this week!!! Come on Cap, something should remain a secret!
    Gooch23 wrote: »
    Awesome! There's going to be 30 people on that beach now this week!!! Come on Cap, something should remain a secret!

LOL dude you can't be serious. It is NO SECRET that snook are on the beaches throughout all of south florida both coasts during the summer.

And besides, there will be more than 30 people on that beach this week, just like last week! It's called tourists--theres hundreds of them! And a solid chunk of them cast a rod while they're sitting in their beach chairs too.

Just because somebody tells you the bite is on in a certain area of beach doesn't mean anything for the next day. They move on a daily basis, so relax.
  • Reel4ReelReel4Reel Posts: 438 Deckhand
    :thumbsup
  • Gooch23Gooch23 Posts: 154 Deckhand
    AlexNiles wrote: »
    LOL dude you can't be serious. It is NO SECRET that snook are on the beaches throughout all of south florida both coasts during the summer.

And besides, there will be more than 30 people on that beach this week, just like last week! It's called tourists--theres hundreds of them! And a solid chunk of them cast a rod while they're sitting in their beach chairs too.

Just because somebody tells you the bite is on in a certain area of beach doesn't mean anything for the next day. They move on a daily basis, so relax.

LOL! I've been fishing that beach since I was 15, almost 20 years now! I know they move. I don't worry about the tourists fishing with dead shrimp hooked in the middle of the body, you know the kind, you've seen them ;) lol. I worry about the idiots that actually go over there an poach them out of season. Happens alot around that beach. I almost fought a guy who threw a cast nest on an overslot I released a few weeks back. All I'm saying is you could be alittle more "general" say something like between 1st & 50th LOL.
    I know they move, and have pretty good idea where to find them too!
  • Yeaaa_ChrisYeaaa_Chris Posts: 551 Officer
    Killing it dude. And yes, lots of guys poach around the jetty on south beach, it's nothing new. Have seen guys spearing them a few times.

This forum is about sharing and helping, don't hate on the dude for actually posting a report with some useful info!
    Gooch23 wrote: »
    LOL! I've been fishing that beach since I was 15, almost 20 years now! I know they move. I don't worry about the tourists fishing with dead shrimp hooked in the middle of the body, you know the kind, you've seen them ;) lol. I worry about the idiots that actually go over there an poach them out of season. Happens alot around that beach. I almost fought a guy who threw a cast nest on an overslot I released a few weeks back. All I'm saying is you could be alittle more "general" say something like between 1st & 50th LOL.
    I know they move, and have pretty good idea where to find them too!

I understand bud, hate those guys too and have had quite a few heated conversations with people like that, but hey, they're around. Part of living and fishing in south Florida.

Also, you can never really trust the accuracy of a location described in an online fishing report unless you have photographic evidence. I'm not one to give away spots, and as you can see there's nothing but sand in the background of my pics. How can anyone even know if that street range I mentioned is remotely near where I fish? I may have been trying to send people AWAY from my spots 😉

• FishinNoleFishinNole Posts: 407 Officer
    Nice
  • Spotsgonefishn'Spotsgonefishn' Posts: 225 Officer
    AlexNiles wrote: »
    I'm not one to give away spots, and as you can see there's nothing but sand in the background of my pics. How can anyone even know if that street range I mentioned is remotely near where I fish?

But I swear... I recognize that sand and know exactly where those footprints are! :wink:rotflmao J/k of course and thanks for the report.
    "From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world." -St Arnold of Metz
  • BlueRacerBlueRacer Posts: 83 Greenhorn
    Killing it dude. And yes, lots of guys poach around the jetty on south beach, it's nothing new. Have seen guys spearing them a few times.

This forum is about sharing and helping, don't hate on the dude for actually posting a report with some useful info!

I agree. Do you want to help others or just brag.
  • FS ShelbyFS Shelby Posts: 687 Officer
    Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017/06/12/win-costa-rica-fishing-adventure/ for more details.