Captiva Labor Day Week

Hey all! I posted this in the West Central forum, too, but should probably post here as well.

We're from the Tampa area and the wife and I are heading to Captiva for a little vacation the 5th-8th. We'll be towing the boat down. Planning to fish a day or 2, inshore, and hoping to get on some inshore fish (reds, trout, snook, cobia, tripletail, etc.) and maybe some tarpon and shark. Anyone have any advice? Never fished the area before. Would like to net our own live bait, too.

Anything helps!

Replies

• Stienhatchee 1Stienhatchee 1 Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    We were there a few weeks ago and had a blast catching trout on top water early and late. I did two trips a day for 6 days and found most of the fish on the north in of North Captiva in about 3 - 5 feet. Look for the checkboard bottom. After about 10 AM we switched to using gulps under a cajan thunder. White baits worked best. There are plenty of fish there. Good luck
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,809 Admiral
    rkmurphy wrote: »
    Hey all! I posted this in the West Central forum, too, but should probably post here as well.

We're from the Tampa area and the wife and I are heading to Captiva for a little vacation the 5th-8th. We'll be towing the boat down. Planning to fish a day or 2, inshore, and hoping to get on some inshore fish (reds, trout, snook, cobia, tripletail, etc.) and maybe some tarpon and shark. Anyone have any advice? Never fished the area before. Would like to net our own live bait, too.

Anything helps!

what kind of boat ? looks like you have some decent tides http://www.rodnreeltides.com/tide/index.php?st_id=901&day=1504594800