Best gps combo for freshwater fishing

HawgmanHawgman Posts: 8 Greenhorn
I live in Arkansas and fish primarily freshwater with a few trips to Florida to do a little inshore fishing. I'm buying a new boat and want a 9 inch gps combo for it. I had one dealer highly recommend the Elite Ti9 which fits the boat and my budget. The dealer said the Elite could be paired with either a tablet or smartphone to mirror the display on the gps combo unit. This would be a great feature but your website doesn't indicate this as a feature. I suspect the dealer got it wrong.

What unit would you recommend for my application? I'd like to stay within $1200 budget.

Thanks

Replies

• mikenavmikenav Posts: 686 Officer
    Hey there! Great question. Thanks for sending it our way.

As far as a Navionics chip goes, if you're fishing just Arkansas and Florida, I would probably suggest the Navionics+ South Region chip. This covers from Nebraska south to Florida and up to North Carolina, including lakes, rivers and nearshore waters. Pretty much everything you're looking for, it sounds like. Additionally, you'll get one-foot contours and the ability to update your charts free for a year.

Plotters are a whole other story and it really depends on what you are more comfortable with. The Elite ti is a great machine. And you can connect it to your phone or iPad (with the Navionics Boating app) in order to do some cool things like Sonar Charts Live, transfer waypoints and markers, etc.

I own a Raymarine touchscreen and LOVE IT. It is very intuitive and can do the same plotter sync kind of things as the Elite ti, plus you can do dock to dock autorouting. Something like the Raymarine Axiom might be something to look at.

I know this is a quick run through. I could overload you with information all night. If you have any other questions (and I'm sure you do) please either ask here or direct message me.

Thanks again.

Mike