Best model for my fishing?

SC53SC53 Posts: 373 Deckhand
Need your input. Looking at 17-18' AC, somewhere in the early 2000 year range.
Would like to stay under $20K.
Probably bass fish 75% of the time.
The rest of the time is split between inshore for the usual species and near shore fishing the beach out of Canaveral.
Looking at 17-18' AC.
Would like to stay under $20K.
What models do you recommend I look at?

Replies

• SC53SC53 Posts: 373 Deckhand
    Seen that one mister. Trying to get input from those that have different models to see what they think would work best.
    Thanks.
  • VeroDDVeroDD Posts: 309 Deckhand
    The 1720 FlyFisher is a great boat. Fishes three comfortable and very dry running. Mine is a 2002 with the QuiDry hull. Should be able to find one under $15,000.
    I like the 1720 too Vero. Haven't seen many for sale especially in my price range.
  • VeroDDVeroDD Posts: 309 Deckhand
    SC53 wrote: »
    I like the 1720 too Vero. Haven't seen many for sale especially in my price range.

Yeah. There are not many available. You may have to wait longer or travel further to find one. IMHO, its worth it. I have owned Hewes, Maverick and Scout flats/bay boats and the Action Craft is superior. The quality of build and the ride is not close.
  • Bite N HoldBite N Hold Posts: 1,328 Officer
    Mister-Jr wrote: »

Don't waste your time with that one. I looked at it several times. Not in great shape.
    FOR SALE-Old Homosassa Vacation Rental
    http://www.vrbo.com/105186

"No matter the size of the fish, you can only put a bite size peice in your mouth."
  • robertgrantrobertgrant Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    There out there .I paid 9500 for my 99 with an 05 150 optic and new alum trailer.
    It has some stress cracks and some fading but it was in my budget..If you can live with that you will find one.
    Thanks guys for the input. I'm gonna keep looking, something will pop up.
    If you hear of any pass it on to me
    Well, bought a 2001 1820 SE with an '07 Yamaha 115 4S and an aluminum trailer this weekend.
    Boat looked good in the ad but was even better when I got there (which rarely happens).
    Spent the this weekend doing some minor tweaking to it. Ready to fish the mullet run.