Maverick 17-hpx-v and 18

I'm in the market for a 17 or 18 and what concerns me is fitting it in my*garage. *I'm pretty sure I need a swing tongue trailer. *I live in Miramar, FL out west and*I thought I would see if anyone is willing to try to*stick their boat in my garage to see if it fits. *I would be more than willing to pay for fuel, lunch, dinner and or time and you would be doing me a HUGE favor. *It would be*confirmation that it would fit before spending hard earned money and I would owe you big time. *Fingers crossed!! **

Joe

Replies

• followotherboatsfollowotherboats Posts: 445 Deckhand
    My garage is 18 x 18 by the way. I have 81 inches of height to clear the door as well.

Thoughts?
  • Captain BackyardCaptain Backyard Posts: 439 Deckhand
    I dont see an 18hpx fitting in there regardless of the trailer unless it fits at an angle. corner to corner
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    Forget the 18'. 17' is a way better boat that can do a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • shallow thinkershallow thinker Posts: 50 Greenhorn
    My 18 fits in a 20' garage corner to corner. It fit before I converted to a swing tongue but now I have more margin. Before I bought the boat I went to a dealer and measured the heck out of it on a trailer. You should do the same.

The critical issue for me is the height of the poling platform. My old boat's platform was at least 3" shorter and clearance was not a problem. the 18 HPX is bumping up against the retracted door. I barely get it in if I go slow. If I go to fast the trailer tire will bounce on over the step leading into the garage and scrape the platform against the door.