New to Cape Coral. Looking to fish.

Moving to SW Florida soon, visiting Aug 6 - 12, looking to go fishing during that week.

We are buying a home in Cape Coral to be used as a rental for a year or two then permanent retirement. Moving from Utah.

So my wife and I are coming out the 6th through the 12 for closing signing and vacation.

I'd like to get some fishing in while in the area. I have nor fished the area at all and would like to start learning the area.

I do have an issue in that I am a bit cash poor right now having just spent significant funds on the new house purchase. I have cash for fuel or a guide or going with a group. I just can't get too extravagant on spending.

Any suggestions appreciated or if you need of a fish buddy who can pitch in on fuel, costs, etc, let me know. I'd hire a charter but just cannot afford $500 - $600 per half day right now.

Thanks,
Mike

Replies

• SerotoninSerotonin Cape CoralPosts: 175 Deckhand
    Welcome to the sight and area.

I moved here a year ago and just recently did my first charter, i booked a evening trip for tarpon with kmagnuss on here. Awesome guide who put us on fish and kept us entertained. His rate is very reasonable too. Crookedrod.com is his site
  • MikelleenMikelleen Posts: 71 Greenhorn
    Thanks I will look him up
    Thinking maybe of splitting a charter too?
  • ccriderccrider Posts: 578 Officer
    I would contact Capt. Keith at the link mentioned above. I don't have any first hand experience fishing with him but have read his posts for years and communicated a time or two through this site, seems to be a real honest, stand-up person on top of being a excellent guide. I've lived in the Cape and have fished our waters with regularity for at least 15 yrs and I can guarantee you will not find a better value in a inshore charter, he's rates are beyond reasonable. Plus more than likely your be on the poons!
  • britbrit Posts: 61 Deckhand
    ccrider wrote: »
    I would contact Capt. Keith at the link mentioned above. I don't have any first hand experience fishing with him but have read his posts for years and communicated a time or two through this site, seems to be a real honest, stand-up person on top of being a excellent guide. I've lived in the Cape and have fished our waters with regularity for at least 15 yrs and I can guarantee you will not find a better value in a inshore charter, he's rates are beyond reasonable. Plus more than likely your be on the poons!

I am not on here very frequently as being the other side of the Atlantic don't get fish Florida much - but I was over in March, stayed in Cape Coral and took a charter with Keith - I can only echo what others have said on here - great guy to go out with. Really knows his stuff and puts you on the fish and there's no clock watching like I have experienced on other charters from the Keys. Definitely worth a trip with him when the weather calms down.

Stay safe all of you in Florida

Brit