Where did all the fish go

FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 576 Officer
If I don't have bad luck I would have no luck at all. Were heading down to marathon tomarrow and looks like rain all week and no dolphin.:banghead:banghead

Any advice or reports would be much appreciated:crossed

Replies

• JlcaneJlcane Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Trolled from 300' to 600' on two different days. No luck. Not even a hit. Highlight of one of the days was seeing a sail jump a few times about a 100 yards from the boat.
    This year was a lot different than last year for us. Hope they come in for you and you get some.
  • FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 576 Officer
    Thanks for the report
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 2,051 Captain
    Same here, I posted a few reports earlier this week but trolling was a bust except for bonita....thankfully had a great day bottom fishing to make up for the 2 days and burning gas trolling. Best of luck to you guys.
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 2,029 Captain
    Last Friday thru Tuesday - Mahi everywhere. Weed lines rips were easy to find, Wednesday nothing. Did not go out Thursday but I am sure it will turn around, that is fishing. If you have the boat for it, hit the humps early for Tunas and dolphin. We found schoolies around the edges with the weeds and the bigger ones cruising with the tunas. If guys have been feeding them live bait all morning it is sometimes a challenge to get the big ones on cut bait. If that doesn't work the reef is also good right now just past the new moon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

• MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 628 Officer
    fished marathon last weekend (sat/sun). Found some tuna in the 300 range on the troll, following birds and rips. Found a couple schools of mahi in close around 175 off Sombrero lighthouse on some structure. Didn't find anything out deep in 600-700. We talked to some others that did pretty well way offshore. But that was last weekend. I'd say its way too early to say "no dolphin"
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • OakviewOakview Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    We went out yesterday, weed lines and fish everywhere from 400 to 650 feet. Today went out to 800 feet and not a weed or Dolphin to be found. Few tuna birds, but the fish wouldn't eat. Hope the conditions improve.
  • MGDMGD Posts: 1,133 Officer
    Went out of key largo today
    1st weed line in 350 and 3 keepers about 25"
    Lots of small ones
    Next line in 550 and one more keeper and a bunch of small ones
    Ran out to 1200 ft looking and nothing
    Came back in and more weeds same as before
    Nonstop action. Kept 8 and threw back at least 30 more
  • FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 576 Officer
    Thank you so much for the reports. Will report as we go. Thanks again tight lines
  • Skinny watersSkinny waters Posts: 81 Deckhand
    What was water temp like off largo? Does it have any affect u think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Custom baits for serious anglers
    904-305-0949
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,702 Captain
    marathon 2day
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MGDMGD Posts: 1,133 Officer
    It was mid 80's
    But I don't think it mattered
    Was so much bait on the weed mats they were there