Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

It's a streak...

I guess 4 days in a row is a streak. In the first hour and a half... I had caught exactly one jack. I was certain today was going to be poor...spot after spot were empty. I even briefly considered quitting. It was 8:00 and warm...real warm and humid. On my way towards the ramp I stopped at a spot I was at earlier but now the tide had changed and was starting in. I banged 6 more jacks...but just felt like there were fish there...and after every jack had tasted plastic & steel...I could get a Trout. I even had one come all the way out of the water ...and miss. But I kept my head down and kept throwing.

n0rqGQwl.jpg

Got 2 and even though now there was some action...I knew there were no snook or Reds...so....
I ran to a spot but when I got there I realized I ran straight up tide to where it was still slack... Got 2 ...and yes...I know...smaller than yesterdays...:grin

5CF3skol.jpg

So...Now it is a big run....Not seeing much...but in the distance...can it be?...Oh yes it is.... All I have is TINY wigglers...2 inchers.....
but...it didn't matter.

DnJDZC5l.jpg

So...to borrow a phrase from a favorite movie ( Perfect storm) " the turn around of all time...textbook! " :grin

9:15 AM That is #33 ...and it all happened in 1 hour and 15 minutes...including run time!

I know this can't last...but it has been fun. :)
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies