Replies

• CapnAhabCapnAhab Posts: 250 Deckhand
    That's just the beginning. He has many posts showing abuse to various animals. Michael Wenzel is the kids name. Serial killer in the making.

http://wfla.com/2017/07/25/fwc-investigating-disturbing-video-of-shark-being-dragged-behind-boat/

https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheTarpon/posts/966383193393609

Everyone is pissed at this guy. The picture explaining how they used the dog that drowned as bait is particularly infuriating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

God of all days
    Glorious in all of Your ways
    The majesty the wonder and grace
    In the light of Your Name

Let hope rise and darkness tremble
    In Your holy light
    That every eye will see Jesus our God
    Great and mighty to be praised
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 890 Officer
    My wife did a little snooping last night , She thinks the guys mother is on city council.....His facebook page has been cleaned up a bit as well.
    Jason :USA
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,848 Captain
    Yep, Manatee county commissioner I think..Last name Wentzel. FWC has all the names and is investigating.
    However, I doubt dragging the shark is illegal. But, he has pictures holding a giant white pelican, tarpon out of water dead that he tagged #fwcmostwanted, and lots of other bad pictures he shared for the world to see.
  • pretzelbpretzelb Posts: 112 Deckhand
    sk018 wrote: »
    Yep, Manatee county commissioner I think..Last name Wentzel. FWC has all the names and is investigating.
    However, I doubt dragging the shark is illegal. But, he has pictures holding a giant white pelican, tarpon out of water dead that he tagged #fwcmostwanted, and lots of other bad pictures he shared for the world to see.

Lose hunting/fishing privs. for life, 10,000 $ fine and seizure of boat/equipment seems about right to me.... AND professional therapy...
  • CapnAhabCapnAhab Posts: 250 Deckhand
    Do we know what kind of shark that was? I couldn't tell from the video. Some species are protected so killing one on purpose by beating it to death and drowning it behind a boat going 30mph absolutely could be a crime if the shark was protected. Not to mention is there no law on animal cruelty for marine species? If i did that to my dog I would go to jail.

Now are there any laws on using a dead housepet (dog) for shark bait? Certainly holding dead tarpon out of the water is a crime if he didn't have a permit to keep one...the pelicans...the grouper...the list goes on and on with this guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

God of all days
    Glorious in all of Your ways
    The majesty the wonder and grace
    In the light of Your Name

Let hope rise and darkness tremble
    In Your holy light
    That every eye will see Jesus our God
    Great and mighty to be praised
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 890 Officer
    pretzelb wrote: »
    Lose hunting/fishing privs. for life, 10,000 $ fine and seizure of boat/equipment seems about right to me.... AND professional therapy...

All of the above and eye for a eye..... Drag them by there balls behind the boat while on plane!
    Jason :USA
  • AndrewFLAndrewFL Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    He needs to be reprimanded soon, is giving a bad name to sport fisherman. Just what certain environmental groups want to see to make fishing harder for us. He is a mockery to law abiding fishermen: not cool. :nono
  • Firetruck1Firetruck1 Posts: 134 Deckhand
    Very disappointing and disturbing. If this country believed in an eye for an eye, we'd certainly eliminate most of this nonsense....
  • tch2391tch2391 Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Any news on this fool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • snipes27snipes27 Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    tch2391 wrote: »
    Any news on this fool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per FWC, still under investigation... but with his parents holding positions for the county and such, my guess they are working out a plea or how to get him off without any charges. But his family as asked for an stronger police presence at their home because of all the "threats" and their info being blasted online... Who really knows at this point. Gov. Scott did make a statement saying the FWC needs to prosecute whomever did this, take this as you will though.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,371 Admiral
    I won't hold my breath. I am guessing little to nothing will be done. I hope people take action and force his dad out of his planning manager or whatever position he holds. At least one guy came forward with an apology, take it for what it is worth, but it is more than what Wenzel and Wenzel's dad has done. His dad has asked people to remove posts and not apologized or made any remark to him acknowledging his sons behavior. He's using the he's just a kid, young and dumb defence.

Captain Todd Approves

• AquaRoosterAquaRooster Posts: 596 Officer
    Sector sep now includes a fourth category--priveledged children of county commissioners. He can do whatever he wants and gets to keep 10 ARS per day.
  • ChillyChilly Posts: 483 Deckhand
    Im surprised more ppl have jumped on the dead dog thing... id previously seen several things on this kid but nothing about the dog thing. call it a soft spot but that boiled my blood. I hope the proper example is made.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,123 Admiral
    Chilly wrote: »
    Im surprised more ppl have jumped on the dead dog thing... id previously seen several things on this kid but nothing about the dog thing. call it a soft spot but that boiled my blood. I hope the proper example is made.

No kids involved here, only grown men.
    Chilly wrote: »

I agree, same here with the soft spot. Especially from the pictures I saw, it looked like a brown coated husky, and being a husky owner, it sent chills down my spine...

New images leaked out of the same group catching a small 3-4 bull shark and putting it into a swimming pool... They all need serious help.
  • showstoppershowstopper Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    Too much time. Too much money. Too little parenting.
    Got this from the Save the Tarpon Facebook page:

UPDATED: According to The Anna Maria Islander (8/8/17), Assistant State Attorney Andrew Van Sickle confirms his office is pursuing the case. "The more we dig, it seems like the more crimes — at least fishing violations — we uncover,” he told the newspaper. Van Sickle said a decision to proceed is expected to be made by the Office of State Attorney for the 12th Judicial Circuit in mid-August. The newspaper quoted Van Sickle as saying the investigation is comparable to "pulling a thread" that keeps unraveling. We will keep you posted as this develops.

the rest of the article can be found here:
    https://www.islander.org/2017/08/shark-drag-investigation-uncovers-other-violations/
  • LightmanLightman Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    These are the cast members from the show siesta key. Due to their abuse, there are more likes on the Facebook page to boycott this show than the show has itself. I watched the episodes hoping to see some local turf..and you can tell from the same boys' attitudes on the show that they are pretty much trash w some money. Sad.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk