Home General Fishing

ID these scums that dragged a shark behind their speeding boat

24

Replies

  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,222 Captain
    I think savemyriver used to fish with that guy, but I could be wrong. Poor taste
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    kellercl wrote: »
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-0899/0828/Sections/0828.12.html


    "Unnecessary torments or kills an animal." We don't need more statutes, one already exists that is applicable.

    If that was applicable...FWC would already have moved forward with the case...

    Don't let your emotion cloud critical thinking. It is known that FWC wants to crucify these guys...they just do not have legal standing.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,360 Admiral
    I was under the impression, perhaps mistakingly, that his parents are both well connected. Meaning if that were you or I in the video charges would have been brought. It is my personal opinion that this country has two sets of rules. Rules for regular people and rules for connected/famous/rich people. I could be wrong though.


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • bordeauxbordeaux Posts: 120 Deckhand
    On the news this morning they said the FWC had said charges would be difficult due to the fact they have no way of knowing when these acts where committed so they may well be past the statute of limitations
    2019 Beavertail Skiff Vengeance
  • Aaron&NikkiAaron&Nikki Posts: 136 Officer
    https://youtu.be/F4SifZ0fxzc

    This is his buddy on Siesta Key MTV
  • silentfaithsilentfaith Posts: 362 Deckhand
    well, if they have not been identified in florida yet they must be from another state...
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    well, if they have not been identified in florida yet they must be from another state...


    They know exactly who it is....and where they live (in Florida) they have no means to effectively prosecute is what is at issue...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,693 AG
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    They know exactly who it is....and where they live (in Florida) they have no means to effectively prosecute is what is at issue...
    but, but the internet experts say otherwise and point out white privilege???:grin
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    but, but the internet experts say otherwise and point out white privilege???:grin


    Let's not let facts.... ruin a great internet fiasco....:rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    kellercl wrote: »
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-0899/0828/Sections/0828.12.html


    "Unnecessary torments or kills an animal." We don't need more statutes, one already exists that is applicable.

    +1
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,360 Admiral
    Who said anything about race or white privilege?


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,256 Captain
    You can bet that FWC has them in their sights. Anyone stupid enough to post the things they have done will get theirs eventually. And all this will be brought up to show their history.
  • p914p914 Posts: 501 Deckhand
    It wouldn't surprise me that the FBI now has profiled these guys with these vids and publicity if they hadn't already.
  • rockrock SWFPosts: 38 Deckhand
    bordeaux wrote: »
    On the news this morning they said the FWC had said charges would be difficult due to the fact they have no way of knowing when these acts where committed so they may well be past the statute of limitations

    Statue of limitations are 7 years are they not? You can tell they are not taken that long ago. They are not 15 in the photos.

    If no crime was committed the nothing can be done, but to say they don't know how old the pics are is bs.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,693 AG
    kellercl wrote: »
    Who said anything about race or white privilege?
    post 34?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,360 Admiral
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    post 34?

    I'm not seeing anything related to white privilege. If you happen to be referencing my post, I suggest you work on reading comprehension. I never said anything about race. I simply said fame, connections and money change things. I recall Jeff Blake back in the 90s getting pulled over for drunk driving, the cops not only didn't press charges but they drove him home. He was, at the time, the Bengals starting QB..... and he is black. Again, race has nothing to do with it. You don't really think the cops would treat you in the same fashion as lets say LeBron James?


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,693 AG
    kellercl wrote: »
    I'm not seeing anything related to white privilege. If you happen to be referencing my post, I suggest you work on reading comprehension. I never said anything about race. I simply said fame, connections and money change things. I recall Jeff Blake back in the 90s getting pulled over for drunk driving, the cops not only didn't press charges but they drove him home. He was, at the time, the Bengals starting QB..... and he is black. Again, race has nothing to do with it. You don't really think the cops would treat you in the same fashion as lets say LeBron James?
    Yes I do..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • needlesneedles Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Sadly there aint a **** thing gonna happen to them...........legally.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,360 Admiral
    kellercl wrote: »
    I was under the impression, perhaps mistakingly, that his parents are both well connected. Meaning if that were you or I in the video charges would have been brought. It is my personal opinion that this country has two sets of rules. Rules for regular people and rules for connected/famous/rich people. I could be wrong though.
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    Yes I do..

    Lol, good for you i suppose. For the record nobody, outside yourself, brought up race.


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,693 AG
    kellercl wrote: »
    Lol, good for you i suppose. For the record nobody, outside yourself, brought up race.
    but we know what you meant.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,360 Admiral
    kellercl wrote: »
    I was under the impression, perhaps mistakingly, that his parents are both well connected. Meaning if that were you or I in the video charges would have been brought. It is my personal opinion that this country has two sets of rules. Rules for regular people and rules for connected/famous/rich people. I could be wrong though.
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    but we know what you meant.

    Nope, not all what I meant. Unless you believe only white people can be "connected/famous/rich." Hopefully that isn't the case.


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,568 AG
    bordeaux wrote: »
    On the news this morning they said the FWC had said charges would be difficult due to the fact they have no way of knowing when these acts where committed so they may well be past the statute of limitations
    rock wrote: »
    Statue of limitations are 7 years are they not? You can tell they are not taken that long ago. They are not 15 in the photos.

    If no crime was committed the nothing can be done, but to say they don't know how old the pics are is bs.

    It would not be very hard to figure out when these acts were committed. I wonder how long the FWC will wait before coming out and announcing they are doing nothing.

    Captain Todd Approves

  • SportsFanSportsFan Posts: 155 Deckhand
    I saw on the disgusting video of that idiot shooting the Hammerhead. Are those animals not protected ?
    Is there anything that be done in regards in discharging a weapon the way he did ?. Come on Law Men and Women, this fool somewhere has had to violate a state law or something. Perhaps a little more attention from the news agencies across the country will pressure local or state officials to act.
    image-logo.png
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,064 Captain
    rock wrote: »
    Statue of limitations are 7 years are they not? You can tell they are not taken that long ago. They are not 15 in the photos.

    If no crime was committed the nothing can be done, but to say they don't know how old the pics are is bs.

    Without dates, the pics don't do anything. Trying to tell a judge"they look older in the pic" will not do a lick of good. How old they "look" doesn't prove how old they were. Unfortunately.
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,064 Captain
    mplspug wrote: »
    It would not be very hard to figure out when these acts were committed. I wonder how long the FWC will wait before coming out and announcing they are doing nothing.

    Really? Tell us how you are going to prove it. I'm sure FWC wants to hammer this guy, for his attitude, if nothing else. But the heterosexual not going to file charges in a case they think has no chance of a conviction. I'll bet all the publicity will man any of these guys seen on the water will have a better NFL of boats following them around with cameras and ready, though th.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,012 Moderator
    There seems to be a lot of internet attorneys piping in on this thread. How many are familiar with actual laws and prosecution.

    All the laws and potential violations of law that these guys did, are misdemeanors, and as such, have to be committed in the presence of a LEO for an arrest. FWC is not dragging their feet, they are just following the law. Now the State Attorney could direct file and have a warrant issued. If anyone is dragging their feet it's the SAO. Prosecutors do not like to lose cases, so I'd say they are just doing due diligence and getting their ducks in a row before they even decide if there is a prosecutable case.
  • BinderBinder Posts: 4,003 Captain
    Is there a written rule on how fast or slow one must tow a shark backwards?

    Just wondering for some friends.
  • Skunk ApeSkunk Ape Posts: 3,855 Captain
    **** are people still talking about this? I want answers,now. This ***** was last weeks facebook drama.
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 3,442 Captain
    There seems to be a lot of internet attorneys piping in on this thread. How many are familiar with actual laws and prosecution.

    All the laws and potential violations of law that these guys did, are misdemeanors, and as such, have to be committed in the presence of a LEO for an arrest. FWC is not dragging their feet, they are just following the law. Now the State Attorney could direct file and have a warrant issued. If anyone is dragging their feet it's the SAO. Prosecutors do not like to lose cases, so I'd say they are just doing due diligence and getting their ducks in a row before they even decide if there is a prosecutable case.

    This.

    Also, as others have said, both time and location have to be proven. Location goes towards jurisdiction. You have to know whether it occurred in Florida state waters or not. Time goes towards statute of limitations, which varies depending on the crime charge. Most misdemeanors in Florida have a statute of limitations of 1-2 years, depending on the degree of misdemeanor. Furthermore, the accused always has the right of demanding that the State prove the time and place of the crime in the State's charging documents.

    Without proving time and location, there's no case. Proving those things will likely only come from someone rolling over on someone else. Someone who would be willing to testify to what happened (or to the Defendant's statements as to what happened) will have to come forward (a Defendant's statements, when used against him, are not hearsay).

    Something else to consider... one can't abuse an animal that's already dead. Short of someone admitting the shark was alive, I don't see how one proves the shark wasn't already dead before they started dragging based on the video alone. One of the guys says something in the video I can't make out, not sure if that was a statement as to the condition of the shark or not.
  • BinderBinder Posts: 4,003 Captain
    Binder wrote: »
    Is there a written rule on how fast or slow one must tow a shark backwards?

    Just wondering for some friends.

    .
Sign In or Register to comment.