Flamingo 07/23/17

ReelthiefReelthief Fort Lauderdale Posts: 93 Greenhorn
Haven't seen a Flamingo report in a little while so figured I would throw one out there. Took a buddy out front Sunday morning for some not to serious "fun" fishing. Took a run out to Blue Bank and set out the chum. Didn't take long and we had a limit of nice snapper along with some juvenile blacktips (That put on some great aerobatics), trout, jacks and ladyfish. All were released except for the snapper, who came home to a nice peanut oil sauna . All were caught on white gulp 4" swimming mullets and pinfish caught in the chum. Took a run up to Rocky Channel where the jacks were busting baits and had a blast throwing spook jr's (Bone) and top dogs (Chartruese) on light spinners. After that arm workout took my buddy ,his first time in the area, up to do some sightseeing through Lake Ingraham/Little Sable Creek and the East Cape area. As always the wildlife never dissapoints and the park gained another fan for life. Finished the day at Frank Key flat with more trout, jacks and sharks and called it a day. Its a nice change of pace to go for some of the less glamourous species and get back to how it probably all started for most of us. Tight lines to all.

Replies

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,104 Captain
    Great report....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Yeaaa_ChrisYeaaa_Chris Posts: 551 Officer
    Nice, we were out there on Sunday as well. We pretty much caught the same stuff, but lost a stud snook at the boat. Have only fished out there a handful of times, and although we see all kinds of fish, it's been hard to connect. Thanks for sharing, flamingo is a beautiful place.
  • NickNutNickNut Posts: 230 Deckhand
    Man, I need to get back down there... nice report.
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 598 Officer
    Thank you for the report.
    Was down there July 7th-8th.
    Ton of trout,jacks,ladies. Shark and rays.
    Slow on the snook and reds.
    Saw a ton of tarpon w/ no takers on a variety of live and cut baits.
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • BonesBones Posts: 179 Deckhand
    You all might want to post reports on the Flamingo Thread which makes reports easier to find.