Lake Hernando 7/22

My brother and I went and fished Lake Hernando Saturday afternoon/evening. We had to dodge a few rain clouds when we first got out but the weather made for a nice overcast late afternoon and evening. The bite was slow but steady. We were throwing frogs, different worms, swimbaits. I was able to stick a nice one which measured over 23 inches and over 7lbs on my scale. The fish was a little skinny but healthy and actually one of the bigger fish I've caught at Hernando. Other than that our next biggest fish was around 3 and half. Our best 5 probably weighed somewhere around 16 pounds. All in all it was a good afternoon!

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,702 Moderator
    That's a nice one ! We had two over 7 a week ago out of Henderson in our club tournament. Seems like the big fish are wanting to feed up.

I'm good with that. :cool:
    "You'll get your weather"
  • The VilleThe Ville Posts: 457 Deckhand
    Nice fish!
    It's not my job to provide your education look it up yourself!
  • FS ShelbyFS Shelby Posts: 687 Officer
    Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017/06/12/win-costa-rica-fishing-adventure/ for more details.
  • CoachTLCoachTL Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Hey Louie how much weight did it take to win the tourney at Henderson? Is the water pretty low there?
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,702 Moderator
    CoachTL wrote: »
    Hey Louie how much weight did it take to win the tourney at Henderson? Is the water pretty low there?

Believe it was 14.6 . Water is low but not too bad. Prior tournaments weighed in 17 and someone said there was a 20lb bag also in a different event ?
    "You'll get your weather"