Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Our Greater Jax Report aboard the SNATCH-UM

What an amazing week. It started off with taking 7 kids out on the Jr day with my 3 year old daughter landing her first king then rolling right into landing the winning fish after fishing 15 minutes on day one.

On Thursday morning we were torn between two spots. One we felt confident at and knew how to fish the location. The other was new info that seemed too good to be true. We went with our gut feelings and made the call to go where we felt comfortable. We got there first and after a short time the second long line with a naked runner went off. Pops got to it first and did quick work on her. My brother Ben was on the wheel and after directing him after multiple direction changes she came up. I was on the sticker and b/c it was not even 8am yet we had trouble seeing her down deep. She came up after a quick 16 minute fight at really didn't have a clue of her size yet. Unfortunately after a poor gut gaff she was bleeding out on the deck!! Obviously the goal is to miss the gut area but hey records are meant to be broken.... one day maybe. We patched her up and got her bagged on ice quick. Since Lee's live bait couldn't get runners on day two we jigged up 20 fresh baits to pin up for the start of day 2. We knew she was big but had no idea it'd hit the mid fifty mark.

Day 2 was tough, really tough. Heavy weed rolled into our spot and we needed an Agg fish. After hitting 6 spots and working our way back inshore we lucked into a 24lbr at the captains house at 4:40pm after fishing only 7 minutes. The water looked amazing and we high fived and packed it up for a quick 64mph ride back to Mayport.

I couldn't be more happier for our Pops, he takes a beating fishing with us and holds his own for a 65 year old with a bum, shoulder, hip, and knee :) We appreciate all the kind words and faces we've heard and met the last couple days. It's truly a fish of a lifetime and feel very blessed to be in this situation! Many thanks and happy fishing.

Tyler

86716de64ce5ee54cbe1497742f44a46.jpg07a8e0bcab6e2c61a5f6e7fc6c57765d.jpg7be2a999beec514f7a1f009ce8b9ab80.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Replies