Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Native Bait and Tackle closed...

So sad was handy at the ramp in Sebastian.. I guess the hurricanes and the new parking lot took its toll... Sucks.

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,931 AG
    Has been for a couple months.....

It's hard to make a living doling out shrimp. Add in the city not repairing a ramp that was damaged back in October which seems silly for a "sleepy fishing town" as they like to market themselves as...and the fact they close IR drive and the ramp every time they want to have some stupid 3K race or a clam bake ...or any other nonsense where the city takes a cut of the profits.

...the place is for sale @ 495 K ....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Kapt.HookKapt.Hook Posts: 431 Deckhand
    The city of Sebastian board members are the biggest **** bags.... it's ridiculous that it's taken so long to even start on the ramp repairs. Don't get me started on the events they hold in the park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMG_1519.jpg
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,931 AG
    And... the best part is that they are not boaters...and will not listen to boaters.
    After the Hurricanes of 04....I told the council and Town manager...do yourself a big fat favor FOR THE TAXPAYERS... and install FLOATING DOCKS...like every forward thinking boater friendly venue already has... This way, when a storm is bearing down....you go down there...undo the fasteners and pull them up on land and secure them...after the storm...put them right back.
    Floating docks are also better for actually getting in and out of your boat ...instead of people having to climb down a ladder....especially older people.

Also, it is nice that instead of actually repairing THE RAMP docks...so we can use the paved parking lot that we didn't even need...but got since we need a showplace for our town clock :rolleyes.....and then opening the ramp up...they are fixing the " fishing pier" first...even though there are TWO!!
    that they built with grant money...a 1/4 mile south at the south end of the Riverview park.

The words to describe are.... " Dumb F's "
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you