Home Keys General Fishing & The Outdoors

Must Do and See things in the Keys for visitors?

Got a gang of 8 Kiwis coming up from New Zealand soon with a mix of ages and genders to stay with us in Key Largo for about 7-8-9 days.

I'll get them out in the old Grady for some fishing as well as a big, fun boat ride that will include docking up at a restaurant. With tides in Auckland that run 9-13 feet, they don't have that..... :hairraiser

So far we're planning the usual:

1) Glass Bottom Boat ride
2) Robbie's (I think the Tarpon there will scare the living crap out of them!! :hairraiser )
3) Sunset dinner at Snook's
4) Lunch on the water in KCB
5) Key Largo Bird Sanctuary
6) Full day in Key West
7) Lunch at Alabama Jack's (for the atmosphere, not the food!)

They would probably like any type of interactive, marine life activities (pet the rays and sharks, etc) but Theater of the Sea might be a bit too young for this gang.

Also, some want to try Conch. I can make some great Cracked Conch and Conch Salad at the house, but I'd want some really fresh Conch. The stuff at Winn-Dixie look terrible. Any good sources for Conch for me to take home, or any restaurants that provide really good meals of Conch?

We'd love some suggestions on really fun places to eat, fun activities, cool things to see, whatever!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and I hope to post a Trip Report on the fishing.

Replies