FS would like to share your Dream.

FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,760 Admin
If you've already built your dreamboat we'd like to consider featuring it in season III of Florida Sportsman Project Dreamboat or Florida Sportsman magazine. We're looking for complete restoration builds as well as custom new boat projects. If you feel you have a boat that qualifies shoot me an email with your contact info and some brief details on your boat. [email protected]

Replies

• Service148Service148 Palm Coast Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Snappy Lappy 
              “Project Snappy Lappy”

Starting out with a very nice one owner 1997 Bay Fischer 
    I am submitting this project to Florida Sportsman Magazine for their dream boat segment
     I think it would fit in nicely

Follow long as I go through the project and  follow the updates both power and cosmetics for my dream boat that fits my needs

Cosmetically I just want the boat to look very respectable no it doesn’t have to look like a brand new boat, but I also don’t like to show up at the dock with something that’s funky

Fortunately the previous owner had taken very good care of the boat and it just needs a few cosmetic repairs on the gel coat and a good buff and wax in it she look like a new one.

She’s already  been measured and fitted for aqua traction which is a similar product to the “sea deck” which is very popular, but the difference is AT is closed foam product that does not absorb any moisture and claimed  to be more durable and less prone to color fading.

Mechanicalsthe boat is going to be like brand new, Starting with a complete rewire front to back all new wiring harness incorporating all LED lighting and updating to the latest technology with switches and breakers etc.

Borrowing from the drag race technology from my other passion
    we will be using very lightweight batteries keeping the weight down for both the engine and trolling motor.

Re-locating all the wiring & electronics from under the console which is very difficult to get too and cumbersome to the rear right hand side storage compartment that is already houses that oil and water separator.

Other conveniences such as a shallow water anchor and trolling motor will be updated as we go specifics yet to be determined

After having restored many muscle cars over the last 20 years this project is taking on a new light I’m very excited about it I think it’s going to turn out and be a one-of-a-kind boat

Stay tuned for updates photos etc.

Design work is been done for a new polling platform that will fit the boat and my capabilities of climbing up on that position

New upholstery and a seat back will be added to the boat for comfort and looks

The powertrain update will be a Yamaha SHO 115 powerplant accompanied by a jack plate to give it the most performance and skinny water capability

We will be adding some storage compartments by cutting them into the original hall under the seat and in the front storage areas to add convenience