Shore fishermen, What about the Mosquito's?

I've been hearing for weeks how bad the salt marsh mosquito's are. Any shore fishermen know any secrets to keeping them at bay?

Replies

• gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 655 Officer
    Sacrifice a fellow friend.
  • JD13JD13 Posts: 38 Deckhand
    2 layers and bug spray, I use Sawyer Picaridin.
  • SerotoninSerotonin Cape CoralPosts: 192 Deckhand
    gatorhook wrote: »
    Sacrifice a fellow friend.

Its true, when my wife is with me she gets bit 3 or 4 times for every one I get.

Cover up and lots of bug spray
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 3,922 Captain
    I wear shoes, pants, long sleeves, gaitor, gloves, sunglasses and a hat. Cover up, works perfect. Hot fishing for sure, but better than getting 300+ mosquito bites and whatever disease they are carrying around.
  • go dartgo dart Posts: 33 Greenhorn
    kellercl wrote: »
    I wear shoes, pants, long sleeves, gaitor, gloves, sunglasses and a hat. Cover up, works perfect. Hot fishing for sure, but better than getting 300+ mosquito bites and whatever disease they are carrying around.

You understand if I don't show this one to my wife right?
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 3,922 Captain
    go dart wrote: »
    You understand if I don't show this one to my wife right?

I'm positive I look utterly ridiculous, but not only does it keep bugs away, but I also don't have to deal with suntan lotion. I'm pretty much always covered when fishing. Some of the modern stuff is cooler than one would think, cooler as in not that hot.
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,111 Captain
    It's not just from the shore... it's been bad on the boat also. This past couple weeks is the worst I've seen it in years (due to all the rain I would guess).
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
  • NoreastSalt3295NoreastSalt3295 Posts: 590 Officer
    I was fishing a mangrove point at 2 in the afternoon last week with bright sun out and we were getting eaten alive. Never seen em so bad.