Skip to main content
Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Lake Monroe boat ramp - Sanford

Have never launched at this ramp before. Anyone know how parking is and does it get slammed where you can't launch?

Replies

• WaVeCrAzEdWaVeCrAzEd Senior Member Posts: 594 Officer
    Have never launched at this ramp before. Anyone know how parking is and does it get slammed where you can't launch?

Been there many times. Weekends can be busy at peak times. Free is good. Fair amount of parking, at least 5 slips, floating docks.
  • zamogzamog Senior Member Posts: 302 Deckhand
    weekends are a cf
  • General dizarrayGeneral dizarray Member Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    Any times your ever able to not find parking after you launch? I would assume peak is 11-3?

How are the people scent or a bunch or jerks?
  • Jas2Jas2 Senior Member Posts: 229 Deckhand
    zamog wrote: »
    weekends are a cf

Don`t tell me ....you`ve taken up bass fishing ? :cool:

There are two ramps at the west end of Monroe .....ramp at Lk. Monroe park on north side and Wayside park on south side by bridge !

Lk. Monroe park has good ramp...parking ...tables and grills ...nice place !!

Good luck out there and watch out for bald `headed guy in saltwater skiff !!:grin
    Jas2 wrote: »

There are two ramps at the west end of Monroe .....ramp at Lk. Monroe park on north side and Wayside park on south side by bridge !

Good luck out there and watch out for bald `headed guy in saltwater skiff !!:grin

Thanks! If I do should I say Jas2 said to harass you?
    Jas2 wrote: »

no bhass fishin, just needed to run boat :)
    Thanks! If I do should I say Jas2 said to harass you?

anyone can harass....used to it

forgot what a bass looks like
    zamog wrote: »
    anyone can harass....used to it

forgot what a bass looks like

HA! Well you'll see me out there time to time yellow pathy black t-top
  • seanfishseanfish Senior Member Sanford, FLPosts: 254 Deckhand
    There are 3 ramps on monroe...which one are you referring to?

Sanford Marina (east side of the lake seminole county) usually is not a giant mess.

The other free ramp by the I4 bridge is a CF often on any given nice weekend after about 10am (seminole county side)

As stated above Monroe Park Marina (volusia side & $2 to drop the boat) is a much nicer ramp with plenty of staging, docking parking etc. Only gets full with tournaments & holiday weekends generally.

I live near sanford marina, so thats what i use typically.
    seanfish wrote: »
    There are 3 ramps on monroe...which one are you referring to?

Sanford Marina (east side of the lake seminole county) usually is not a giant mess.

The other free ramp by the I4 bridge is a CF often on any given nice weekend after about 10am (seminole county side)

As stated above Monroe Park Marina (volusia side & $2 to drop the boat) is a much nicer ramp with plenty of staging, docking parking etc. Only gets full with tournaments & holiday weekends generally.

I was actually referring to the i4 ramp but thanks for the breakdown. I will mostly be headed north on the St. John's so I was trying to put in as close to there as possible. I'm coming from the altamonte springs area. Which would you shoot for?

Is the Sanford marina the one at the very bottom of Monroe off lake Mary blvd?
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Senior Member SebastianPosts: 21,265 AG

When not going out way beyond where he should in the Ocean that is.... :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    This the good location you're talking about

Lake Monroe park
    975 S Charles Richard Beall Blvd, DeBary, FL 32713
  • aboattimeaboattime Member Posts: 55 Deckhand
    I would use the one on the north side. It's a $2 donation. Leave the money a the ramp. I have forgot a couple times. Plenty of parking as long as you get there by 9:30 (if there's a tournament may be full by then). Also has bathrooms.
  • aboattimeaboattime Member Posts: 55 Deckhand
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    When not going out way beyond where he should in the Ocean that is.... :rotflmao

I once saw him in the middle of the river, way too far from shore in that boat if you ask me.....
    aboattime wrote: »
    I would use the one on the north side. It's a $2 donation. Leave the money a the ramp. I have forgot a couple times. Plenty of parking as long as you get there by 9:30 (if there's a tournament may be full by then). Also has bathrooms.

Awesome thank you!
    duckmanJR wrote: »

LOL just found the thread you're referring to and before the light clicked and tied it together i was sitting there like Holy S*** Im in a 22 pathy and would hesitate.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Senior Member SebastianPosts: 21,265 AG
    LOL just found the thread you're referring to and before the light clicked and tied it together i was sitting there like Holy S*** Im in a 22 pathy and would hesitate.

Sean has a terrible life....so...he's willing to gamble with it..... :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    lots of lolz on both these threads

Sanford Marina is the south and east side of Monroe (the rivership cruise boat thing that doesnt seem to move docks there)

Its a nice ramp also. I think its a 3-4mile run to the bridge if you go straight to it after getting out of the sailboat parking lot. Idle zone is short also. Routinely make a run from there to either high banks marina or astor for a cruise day with some lunch and head back.

My life sucks so much I even chance it with the family on board.

Just keep in mind St Johns has a 25MPH speed limit in the channel. Sherrif wont hesisitate to pull ya over if your obviously running over it.
    Anyone willing to share any good areas inshore or just outside Ponce or Cocoa for a first timer? I dont even known any well-known ones. On the st johns I can go find my own honey holes but if I take the wife out would love for her to catch something to keep her interested.
    lots of lolz on both these threads

Sanford Marina is the south and east side of Monroe (the rivership cruise boat thing that doesnt seem to move docks there)

Its a nice ramp also. I think its a 3-4mile run to the bridge if you go straight to it after getting out of the sailboat parking lot. Idle zone is short also. Routinely make a run from there to either high banks marina or astor for a cruise day with some lunch and head back.

My life sucks so much I even chance it with the family on board.

Just keep in mind St Johns has a 25MPH speed limit in the channel. Sherrif wont hesisitate to pull ya over if your obviously running over it.

Oh yeah basically right at down town sanford. Glad you told me about the channel speed! I probably would have been lit up - Ive only been on my dads pontoon so I never had to worry about speed. I assume that is anywhere it says "Safe operational speed" doesn't necessarily call out 25mph?

My dad lives up on lake George whats the run time up to Astor? 2 hours by my guess?
    I'm not real sure, as we generally stop and let the kids play at the spring and look around. Not too far north of highbanks through Deland is almost all idle. Prob closer to 3 hours ish.
    I'm not real sure, as we generally stop and let the kids play at the spring and look around. Not too far north of highbanks through Deland is almost all idle. Prob closer to 3 hours ish.

Thanks for all the info! Ill keep an eye out for the skiff. Anything you can point me to near ponce or Cocoa?
  • FlatsNoobFlatsNoob Member Lake MaryPosts: 37 Deckhand
    FWIW I cruise up and down St Johns every now and then just to relax. I put in at Wayside Park (975 S Hwy 1792, Sanford). You'll be fine before 10am. After that it gets a little sloppy. People are nice enough they just don't really know whats going on. Never put in at Lake Monroe Park, but it is literally directly across from Wayside and generally looks way less busy. I come from Lake Mary so I generally find the closest place I can dump the boat. Never actually fished in the area. Have fun.
    Just wanted to write back and thank everyone for the tips. The pay ramp was awesome and everyone there was super friendly.

Seanfish- thanks for the tip on the lunch spot. Cruised up and had a bite
  • WaVeCrAzEdWaVeCrAzEd Senior Member Posts: 594 Officer
    I also remember a time boat broke down at blue springs this was 30 yeas ago, we my friend and i hitched hiked a ride back to municupal marina. then we picked up the boat and trailer. When we got to blue springs my dad asked where the back two trailer tires were? Someone stole them off the trailer. It was a 4 tire trailer.