6-19 PC Snapper trip

A friend called late last week to try to fill spots on a Snapper charter after a few had dropped out, so my two brothers, a nephew, and myself decided to fill out the crew on an 8 hour trip. Weather was supposed to be a little dicey around lunchtime, but seems the forecast was right, but about 4 hours early. Most in the crew were experienced fishermen, so the mate didn't have any trouble keeping up with the crew. Pretty much caught our limit of the "almost extinct ARS" by 10:00 AM, so we downsized the tackle & tried to fill out the box with B-liners, groupers, etc. Only picked up about 5 B-liners, as those pesky Snappers wouldn't let the bait hit the bottom. Did pick up a decent Lane snapper as well as 3 Kings, so pretty decent box of fish. Would love to be able to take our boat out for a weekday trip, but That would probably wipe out the species. Would have loved to be able to keep a few of the big Triggerfish that were thrown back as well! [IMG][/img]20170619_133554_zpssp2xnumm.jpg[IMG][/img]20170620_072622_zpshvyhvnyy.jpgBig fish of the trip was 22.4#[IMG][/img]100_2641_zpsynhyc4zs.jpgOverall a solid trip offshore! Hope to get back out there a weekend or two before the season is out :fishing
In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Replies