Home Conservation Forums

Red Snapper in fishbox morning after season closes?

Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
Red Snapper season closes at 12:01 AM Sunday. So, if you go out Saturday night and catch RS before midnight, are you allowed to have them in the box Sunday morning?
23895.gif

Replies

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,386 AG
    do it, turn yourself in and report back.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • SizuperSizuper Posts: 293 Deckhand
    I'd love to reply but I'm still trying to recover from being beaten over the head with the angry political statement in your sig pic.

I'm not sayin I agree with the messaging not, because I'd feel the same either way...I just don't think angry political memes meant to inflame others have any place on a friendly fishing forum, whether I support the idea or not.

I mean at least don't make it bigger than the entire post size...nobody want political discourse on here unless it's about fishing and the health of the waters.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,452 Admiral
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    Red Snapper season closes at 12:01 AM Sunday. So, if you go out Saturday night and catch RS before midnight, are you allowed to have them in the box Sunday morning?

NO
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 1,403 Officer
    Give it a whirl and let us know how it worked out.
  • Reef BanditReef Bandit Posts: 1,031 Officer
    It depends on where you are. We went to the Tortuga's, fished Gulf Federal waters and spent the night at the the Fort with the AMS on board. The next day we fished in state waters..NOT FEDERAL, the ARS are open in state so no laws were broken. The key is that you cannot go back at to Federal waters once you have them on your boat and when running back, you cannot STOP in Federal waters.
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,887 Captain
    Sizuper wrote: »
    I'd love to reply but I'm still trying to recover from being beaten over the head with the angry political statement in your sig pic.

I'm not sayin I agree with the messaging not, because I'd feel the same either way...I just don't think angry political memes meant to inflame others have any place on a friendly fishing forum, whether I support the idea or not.

I mean at least don't make it bigger than the entire post size...nobody want political discourse on here unless it's about fishing and the health of the waters.
    Get a life dude
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,326 Officer
    Sizuper wrote: »

It isn't an issue unless you make it an issue. It is easier not to worry about other people's beliefs. He's probably a nice guy, works, pays taxes, plays with his kids after work, etc. Evidently he wants to do what is right in the sight of the law. What's not to like if you can get past the stars & bars?

As for the red snapper deal. You should be able to (under a possession limit), but it isn't worth it.

Sure, you can fish until midnight, but then you need to head for port. No other way to "prove" you didn't keep fishing. Keep the GPS on to verify your route.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 6,007 Admiral
    Rich M wrote: »
    It isn't an issue unless you make it an issue. It is easier not to worry about other people's beliefs. He's probably a nice guy, works, pays taxes, plays with his kids after work, etc. Evidently he wants to do what is right in the sight of the law. What's not to like if you can get past the stars & bars?

As for the red snapper deal. You should be able to (under a possession limit), but it isn't worth it.

Sure, you can fish until midnight, but then you need to head for port. No other way to "prove" you didn't keep fishing. Keep the GPS on to verify your route.

Ditto.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • OldAFVet68OldAFVet68 Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Since fish don't come with a time stamp, I would err on the side of caution. You could be checked by an officer who is really tired and had a difficult night on your way back in. With many conflicts between Florida and Federal regulations I always go with whichever is more restrictive. I would rather spend my money on bait and tackle than fines. When you tangle with the legal system, when you consider the time, money, inconvenience, aggravation and embarrassment, even if you win, you lose. Why "Press to Test"?
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    OldAFVet68 wrote: »
    ...even if you win, you lose. Why "Press to Test"?

Well, maybe because we are getting screwed.
    23895.gif
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,660 Captain
    I-95 goes north too.