Home Off Topic

Daytona fishermen had to fight snowflakes to keep his catch FS quoted

13»

Replies

• Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 394 Deckhand
    Finfinder wrote: »
    Will be interesting how this thread turns out. Its lawful and I understand, that however I don't find anything "sportsman like" in keeping a 300 lb ray. We don't live in Cambodia, we have a Publix and Target on every corner to feed and cloth ourselves, this is just an excuse to be a gluttonous pig.

I agree with you that i see no need to keep it, but that is how this Snowflake crap got started. We do not need to see a need. it is none of our business. Its a legal catch and he can do with it what he wants. I have a feeling he didnt get up early and load up his gear to make me or you happy. If its legal i keep my mouth shut. These little snowflakes need to learn to do the same.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Bigfish5 wrote: »
    If its legal i keep my mouth shut. These little snowflakes need to learn to do the same.

And yet...
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    These little snowflakes need to learn to do the same.

Is that a rule? A law?
    Vote for the other candidate
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,969 Admiral
    Should be :grin

Once it was a rule. When as kid I spoke too much or I acted wrong my dad's law has ruled very efficently. Many lessons learned, very useful :wink
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Grady-lady wrote: »
    Almost as bizarre are the comments on here, while acknowledging the legality of the keep, are critical of the angler for doing so. Who cares what he does or does not do with the catch? I wouldn't even want to catch it let alone keep it, but the man doesn't have to justify his actions/morality to my satisfaction.

My pet fishing peeves are not about keeping legal catches - it's catching dozens of game fish in 60+ feet of water, or playing a fish to near death on too light tackle, then brag about sportsmanship because they 'released' them all.

But that's legal too.

Glad you are able to post your opinion here.
    I agree with you that i see no need to keep it, but that is how this Snowflake crap got started. We do not need to see a need. it is none of our business. Its a legal catch and he can do with it what he wants. I have a feeling he didnt get up early and load up his gear to make me or you happy. If its legal i keep my mouth shut. These little snowflakes need to learn to do the same.
    :rotflmao

Really from a comment on a thread (where I said it was legal) its my fault LOL? You are on a fishing forum, the article if you read it, referenced Florida Sportsman. I knew how this would go, very predictable. Maybe all you people complaining and giving their own opinions, should silence yourselves and not click on this thread, go back to your Frito's vs Chips threads. Some people actually fish and it is interesting to know what they think and believe. Things evolve, people used to keep Bass now it's generally a catch and release fishery, even though they are legal keep. When something is free do you take 5 ? Try getting a tarpon tag and dragging its bloody carcass down the beach see how that goes. Tell you what go to Boca Grande put a jig on the end of your line and a sign on your boat that says "I Love jigs" and see what happens LOL. Opinions that's all this place has. LOL :)
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,119 Admiral
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 545 Officer
    What is it with rays that makes tree hungers crazy?.....check out this video of a totally unrelated case that happened in California a few years ago. ***Caution some Rough Language.....:rotflmao

This chick needs mental help.Whats worse, the dude keeping a legal catch or someone spewing profanity and hate at the top of her lungs in a public place in front of small children. Seems like a borderline psychopath. I kept a skate once only because it was gut hooked. It wasn't very big but was pretty tasty. Used to see people on the pier catch them, stab them, and throw back them in the water. Never made sense to me. If you're not going to eat it, why kill it?
  • S.S.TupperwareS.S.Tupperware Posts: 1,057 Officer
    I would have fillet it in front of her...
    Menzies wrote: »
    And yet...

And yet you are confused? Feel overwhelmed? Unsafe? Snowflake perhaps?
    Finfinder wrote: »
    Glad you are able to post your opinion here.

:rotflmao

Really from a comment on a thread (where I said it was legal) its my fault LOL? You are on a fishing forum, the article if you read it, referenced Florida Sportsman. I knew how this would go, very predictable. Maybe all you people complaining and giving their own opinions, should silence yourselves and not click on this thread, go back to your Frito's vs Chips threads. Some people actually fish and it is interesting to know what they think and believe. Things evolve, people used to keep Bass now it's generally a catch and release fishery, even though they are legal keep. When something is free do you take 5 ? Try getting a tarpon tag and dragging its bloody carcass down the beach see how that goes. Tell you what go to Boca Grande put a jig on the end of your line and a sign on your boat that says "I Love jigs" and see what happens LOL. Opinions that's all this place has. LOL :)

Bass is a pretty tasty fish. I like to bread them in cornmeal and deep fry. I do release them most of the time though. I have been a sportsman too long and i have started wondering what Sailfish tastes like. I may find out soon and give a toast to snowflakes when i do. Will post fillet experience since i have never cleaned one. :) Lastly, if it matters, what i posted was not at all directed at you. I was saying you and me in the thread but i was basically talking to everyone, myself included. Also, why did you put in a post that would generate people's opinions, and then complain that all people have are opinions?

I LOVE JIGS!
    If it's legal to keep, then its your right to keep it, regardless of the species. Will it **** some people off...probably. But if you're not going to eat it throw it back alive. Just my opinion.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    ncdead wrote: »
    If it's legal to keep, then its your right to keep it, regardless of the species. Will it **** some people off...probably. But if you're not going to eat it throw it back alive. Just my opinion.

And now we are back to Mark the Shark, and the difference between sport and sportsmanship.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,413 Admiral
    ncdead wrote: »
    Makes perfect sense.....good management of the species and the resource as a whole.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Bigfish5 wrote: »
    Bass is a pretty tasty fish. I like to bread them in cornmeal and deep fry. I do release them most of the time though. I have been a sportsman too long and i have started wondering what Sailfish tastes like. I may find out soon and give a toast to snowflakes when i do. Will post fillet experience since i have never cleaned one. :) Lastly, if it matters, what i posted was not at all directed at you. I was saying you and me in the thread but i was basically talking to everyone, myself included. Also, why did you put in a post that would generate people's opinions, and then complain that all people have are opinions?

I LOVE JIGS!

I would much rather see a pic of a sailfish on the smoker than a pic of one being held out of the water with the fisherman acting like he is a conservationist when that sail has a 1 in3 chance of survival.
    And that stingray was nowhere near three hundred pounds. Punks trying to take the rope from the guy need to have their butts kicked. If his plan was to to eat it then that's his business. Bystanders need to mind their own business unless they see illegal activity....short of that, shut the &&&& up and stand back or walk away.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    Grandad say he is not eating it again.....:grin
    [video]https://www.saltstrong.com/stingray-taste-test/[/video]
    Vote for the other candidate
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    I previously agreed it is a legal catch, but dragging a 300 lb stingray along a public beach, especially if it's alive, is going to cause the fisherman some grief, and I'm ok with that too.

You or I have no idea what he plans to do with it, so I wouldn't speculate on boots, food, abandonment, or burying it in his back year for fertilizer.

Personally, I would not take a specimen of that size for any reason, but that's just me. "A snowflake I suppose."
    Smartest thing you've posted lately:wink
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,554 AG
    Some of those dolts needed to be taught a lesson. I don't know how I would have reacted to having water dumped on my head or even being harassed. It probably wouldn't have been good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves